cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z77 BIOS & possible Spectre/Meltdown updates + Request.

Keiichi
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Today I was reading this artical over at TechPowerUp: https://www.techpowerup.com/241959/intel-finally-ready-with-security-microcode-updates-for-broadwell...

Before it was debated on just how far back Intel would even bother with offering micro code updates. Looking at the chart I see they have Ivy Bridge in beta status, I'm guessing this means we might see it updated then?

At any rate, I am posting this as I wish to request something from ASUS. If the whole process of updating a BIOS will happen while your patching it with the updated microcode, Please add NVME support into the BIOS update as well.
This was debated by ASUS before on how far back they should provide Nvme support to and weather its worth it to bother etc. But seeing as how you are needing to do the required steps to update BIOS's microcode anyways, it would be very much appreciated that you could toss this in while your at it.

Atm I've done the unofficial method of having Nvme support by doing a BIOS mod and adding in the Nvme modules, but having it in an official capacity would be great.

Thank you.

Apologies if this isn't post in the right section, I wasn't sure where to post it.
0 REPLIES 0