cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Sabertooth & Intel 750 NVMe SSD causing HDD errors

invictus
Level 7
Recently completed a new build using Asus X99 Sabertooth and an Intel 750 NVMe SSD (PCIe HHHL version). Every time I boot Windows 7 from the Intel 750 I start getting errors on all 6 of the attached sata mechanical HDD's. Windows forces a CHKDSK on one HDD and starts deleting/replacing the HDD index files and security ID's. After CHKDSK runs for something like 48 hours and completes, much of the data on the HDD is no longer accessible through Windows explorer. Luckily, the data can be easily recovered with recovery software because there's nothing wrong with the HDD's.

The HDD's themselves are not going bad, I've ran several diagnostics on the same drives while attached to a different PC and found no errors.

Here's my setup:

Asus X99 Sabertooth
Intel i7 5820K
Intel 750 NVMe HHHL PCIe
Asus Strix GTX 980
Seasonic X1050 PSU
GSkill 32GB DDR4 2800 F4-2800C16Q-32GRK
4x Seagate 4TB SSHD
2x Seagate 3TB HDD

**Update** Tried running the same setup with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD in place of the Intel 750 NVMe for a couple days and got the same issues with all 6 attached SATA mechanical HDD's. It appears this issue has nothing to do with the Intel 750 but is simply a motherboard issue with the SATA controller or ports.
1 REPLY 1

invictus
Level 7
Replaced everything but the motherboard and CPU and still have the same issues. New PSU, new SATA cables, new memory and new video card had no effect. This board is causing data loss on any drives I connect to the SATA ports.

Guess I'll have to RMA it?