cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 ASUS motherboard’s owners. What is your chipset temperatures?

HJekyll
Level 7
I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.
25 REPLIES 25

Hmm ok. Could just removing the plastic shround over the chipset help with temps if the case is well ventilated?

Megamember1981 wrote:
Hmm ok. Could just removing the plastic shround over the chipset help with temps if the case is well ventilated?

Yhea if the case is WELL ventilated that should help.
The fact is that the plastic shroud have on the other side some air duct to focus the air trough the fins of the chipset heatsink.
BUT
that fan is trash so i think temps will get better without the plastic shroud.

Do a test and report back idle + 1h gaming session temp 😉

Ok just removed the shroud. Idle temps are very promising. Stopped rising at about 60 degrees, before it was like 67 or so. 15 minutes of gaming loop resulted in 72 degrees, before it was more like 77. But its also a little colder here than yesterday. All good. CAse is a Coolermaster HAF512.

What was more concerning that i found out that one vrm heatsink screw wasnt tightened at all!!!! I could easily screw it in like 4 or 5 complete turns!!:eek:
Chipset heatsink was tightened good.

So remove that silly shroud and check your screws. Board X570 Tuf Gaming WIFI by the way.

Raventlov wrote:
Hey!

so i have just one NVMe drive, on slot 1 (so it's using the lanes from the CPU) and it's PCI-e 3.0
Idle temp right now is 69.3 , during load about 74.
I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees

I do believe that the thermal pad used for the chipset is crap and using a better one will improve the situation but i don't want to disassemble everything now.

Ambient temp is 32 degrees here (Celsius)

What did you do in load? I think maybe pcie slot affects more than may seem at first. Maybe if we load cpu and chipset we can’t see big difference , but if we give good load to gpu too and gpu becomes hotter, maybe in this situation difference will be bigger. How do you think?

marcus46
Level 7
I have Rog Crosshair viii hero (not Dark hero), with nvidia Zotac 3090... my chipset in idle is at 66 degrees... but in full load (rendering cpu+gpu) is at 85 degrees... as not dangerous???

thomas_yiu
Level 9
HJekyll wrote:
I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.

Hello HJekyll,

What temperature are you getting for the PCH temperature and we can say if it is a problem or not. I really appreciate it.

Thomas
Sincerely,
TY