cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 ASUS motherboard’s owners. What is your chipset temperatures?

HJekyll
Level 7
I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.
25 REPLIES 25

hmm is the chipset temperature the pch / motherboard temperature cause if so i tend to find myself sitting at 35 degree's give or take a few... 1 gpu, 1 nvme SSD, 1 regular SSD and 1 2.5" SSHDD storage drive.

i do currently have my cooling in liquid cooling config (though blocks aren't installed yet/plumbed up) 3 120's at the height of the front panel connectors about 2cm from the board... but that couldn't make 40 degree's difference right o.O

on a X570 strix-E with a 3900x

anub1s21 wrote:
hmm is the chipset temperature the pch / motherboard temperature cause if so i tend to find myself sitting at 35 degree's give or take a few... 1 gpu, 1 nvme SSD, 1 regular SSD and 1 2.5" SSHDD storage drive.

i do currently have my cooling in liquid cooling config (though blocks aren't installed yet/plumbed up) 3 120's at the height of the front panel connectors about 2cm from the board... but that couldn't make 40 degree's difference right o.O

What application do you use for temps monitoring? Motherboard temp and PCH temp is different indicators. PCH is a component of chipset - it is southbridge.

anub1s21 wrote:

PCH is the chipset, wow 30°C?! But you liquid cooled the chipset too?

oke re-installed ai suite 3 to see if that can tell me PCH temp... what are you guys using to read that?

the bios doesn't mention it, AIDA64 doesn't mention it, ryzen master tell's you the bare minimum of what you need to know (and powerdaw), and ai suite doesn't say.

google says aida64 but all that's detecting is motherboard, cpu, cpudiode, and gpu

ah got it through hwinfo 64, 60.5 degree's

anub1s21 wrote:
oke re-installed ai suite 3 to see if that can tell me PCH temp... what are you guys using to read that?

the bios doesn't mention it, AIDA64 doesn't mention it, ryzen master tell's you the bare minimum of what you need to know (and powerdaw), and ai suite doesn't say.

google says aida64 but all that's detecting is motherboard, cpu, cpudiode, and gpu

ah got it through hwinfo 64, 60.5 degree's

Yhea HWinfo was the answer! 😄 well 60.5 degrees are what most of us sees (to be honest yours are better then mine because i see high 60). Check it during a game session too maybe?
Anyway i got a ticket with asus because i was inquiring about the thickness of the thermal pad used for the chipset to change it.
They told me that they can't provide this kind of information.

Raventlov wrote:
Yhea HWinfo was the answer! 😄 well 60.5 degrees are what most of us sees (to be honest yours are better then mine because i see high 60). Check it during a game session too maybe?
Anyway i got a ticket with asus because i was inquiring about the thickness of the thermal pad used for the chipset to change it.
They told me that they can't provide this kind of information.

ow yea support is very hush hush, when shopping for a new gpu i simply wanted a reference pcb design for waterblock compatibility, that would be classified information.....not asking for specifics here >.>

nvidia eventually started selling the cards in my country so i gave them my money, can't get more reference then that.

did some testing through battlefront 2 max71 degree's, idling it dropped to 59.8 as lowest

~60C idle, ~75-80C under load
Ambient temp is ~24C
X570 Strix-E

Raventlov wrote:
Hey!

I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees

Not sure if this will help the thread posters here, but a big factor in the temperatures you are going to get depends on the design of your video card. Be smart, and get your temperatures down with a good blower card, and some good fans that are well placed in a case that has good airflow. I have one of my computers with the side of the case actually off and I have a good clip-on fan set up (not some USB garbage fan either) to stream air towards the southbridge/northbridge areas, where the temperatures can get a little high.

Hi
Did anyone change the thermal pad yet and how were the results especially on the Asus? And what brand and thickness did they use??
I heared there is a little gap and normal thermal compound is not recommended?

Megamember1981 wrote:
Hi
Did anyone change the thermal pad yet and how were the results especially on the Asus? And what brand and thickness did they use??
I heared there is a little gap and normal thermal compound is not recommended?

A guy on overclock.net forum "dlbsyst" changed the thermal pad on his Crosshair VIII Hero with an arctic 1mm thick.
Check here:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1726558-they-kidding-me-x570-fan-21.html