cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X470 Strix not detect the headphones/mic

Steve94PCgaming
Level 7
Evening everyone, I hope you can give me some advice ..
I just got these Thermaltake headphones, which should be plug and play without drivers .. the point that if I try to connect them both on the mobo and from the front panel of the case not detected anything at all .. the only way to feel the audio is to connect the audio jack to the monitor, an aoc ... which however does not support the mic ..

I tried everything .. I also reinstalled windows from 0 and reinstalled all the drivers .. especially those audio taken from the official site of my asus x470 strix, but are only installed drivers without any management software like "Sonic Audio" or " Sonic Suite "or what's it called (I mean the audio manager of the mobo asus, always from realtek)

Ideas how to make everything work?


(I have tested the headphones on another PC, and as soon as I connect the various jacks both audio and microphone are detected automatically and work !!!!!!)
5,793 Views
12 REPLIES 12

MoKiChU
Level 40
Steve94PCgaming wrote:
Evening everyone, I hope you can give me some advice ..
I just got these Thermaltake headphones, which should be plug and play without drivers .. the point that if I try to connect them both on the mobo and from the front panel of the case not detected anything at all .. the only way to feel the audio is to connect the audio jack to the monitor, an aoc ... which however does not support the mic ..

I tried everything .. I also reinstalled windows from 0 and reinstalled all the drivers .. especially those audio taken from the official site of my asus x470 strix, but are only installed drivers without any management software like "Sonic Audio" or " Sonic Suite "or what's it called (I mean the audio manager of the mobo asus, always from realtek)

Ideas how to make everything work?


(I have tested the headphones on another PC, and as soon as I connect the various jacks both audio and microphone are detected automatically and work !!!!!!)


Hi,

Try to switch to HDA Drivers Only (Standalone) and see if it's better for you : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA-Legacy)

MoKiChU
Level 40
Steve94PCgaming wrote:
Evening everyone, I hope you can give me some advice ..
I just got these Thermaltake headphones, which should be plug and play without drivers .. the point that if I try to connect them both on the mobo and from the front panel of the case not detected anything at all .. the only way to feel the audio is to connect the audio jack to the monitor, an aoc ... which however does not support the mic ..

I tried everything .. I also reinstalled windows from 0 and reinstalled all the drivers .. especially those audio taken from the official site of my asus x470 strix, but are only installed drivers without any management software like "Sonic Audio" or " Sonic Suite "or what's it called (I mean the audio manager of the mobo asus, always from realtek)

Ideas how to make everything work?


(I have tested the headphones on another PC, and as soon as I connect the various jacks both audio and microphone are detected automatically and work !!!!!!)


Hi,

Try to switch to HDA (Realtek HD Audio Drivers with Realtek HD Audio Manager Only (Standalone)) and see if it's better for you : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Try to switch to HDA (Realtek HD Audio Drivers with Realtek HD Audio Manager Only (Standalone)) and see if it's better for you : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)


Nothing... The problem I haven't Realtek Audio Manager after install the drivers too.. in my control panel there isn't any Realtek App and in the "Device Manager
For check my input or output device I can only go in the Windows sound settings, but her only detect in input my monitor with Nvidia high Definition Audio, in outup nothing, no mic no other--

Other idea?? Please!

Steve94PCgaming wrote:
Nothing... The problem I haven't Realtek Audio Manager after install the drivers too.. in my control panel there isn't any Realtek App and in the "Device Manager
For check my input or output device I can only go in the Windows sound settings, but her only detect in input my monitor with Nvidia high Definition Audio, in outup nothing, no mic no other--

Other idea?? Please!


Could you look in your BIOS (F7 for Advanced Mode > Advanced tab > Onboard Devices Configuration) if HD Audio Controller is activated ?

MoKiChU wrote:
Could you look in your BIOS (F7 for Advanced Mode > Advanced tab > Onboard Devices Configuration) if HD Audio Controller is activated ?


just tryed.. nothing again... I think is a problem of the motherboard.. I never used before the audio panel, but with any speaker is the same story, it not detect...

MoKiChU
Level 40
Someone already had the same problem as you (but on ASUS Prime X470-Pro) : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3708685/audio-jack-working-asus-x470-prime-pro.html

If you also look at the comments on the product card of your motherboard at Newegg, you will see that a representative of ASUS (Adrian from
ASUS Customer Loyalty – US Support) recommends to update the BIOS : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119099

Do you use the latest BIOS 4024 for your motherboard ? : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-ASUS...

If you already use the latest BIOS 4024, or have updated your BIOS to latest version 4024 and the problem is still present : Go RMA.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Someone already had the same problem as you (but on ASUS Prime X470-Pro) : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3708685/audio-jack-working-asus-x470-prime-pro.html

If you also look at the comments on the product card of your motherboard at Newegg, you will see that a representative of ASUS (Adrian from
ASUS Customer Loyalty – US Support) recommends to update the BIOS : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119099

Do you use the latest BIOS 4024 for your motherboard ? : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-ASUS...

If you already use the latest BIOS 4024, or have updated your BIOS to latest version 4024 and the problem is still present : Go RMA.

MoKiChU wrote:
Someone already had the same problem as you (but on ASUS Prime X470-Pro) : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3708685/audio-jack-working-asus-x470-prime-pro.html

If you also look at the comments on the product card of your motherboard at Newegg, you will see that a representative of ASUS (Adrian from
ASUS Customer Loyalty – US Support) recommends to update the BIOS : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119099

Do you use the latest BIOS 4024 for your motherboard ? : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-ASUS...

If you already use the latest BIOS 4024, or have updated your BIOS to latest version 4024 and the problem is still present : Go RMA.


yes, I tryed un moment ago with another bios, (the first:( ) and nothing again.. I make a return on amazon, and take another strix... wish is there the problem..thank u for your help and time, when the new mobo come I write u ! bye

Steve94PCgaming wrote:
yes, I tryed un moment ago with another bios, (the first:( ) and nothing again.. I make a return on amazon, and take another strix... wish is there the problem..thank u for your help and time, when the new mobo come I write u ! bye


You're welcome 😉

Anyway it should go fast, Amazon should send you new one before even returning the defective.