cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370-F FIXED CPU Frequency

daniel_marinesc
Level 7
Hello,
I've updated my motherboard to 3401 I had 3203 (not downloadable anymore)
and I have my CPU stuck at full Frequency and it's getting hot in idle,
I've tried to downgrade to 1001 since 3203 is not downloadable anymore and I can't it says that the file is not bios, I've tried with all old versions none of them work, tried from NTFS and FAT32 drives. I've contacted ASUS It's been 2 days and they can't give me a fix do you guys have any ideas on how to downgrade?
9 REPLIES 9

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.Please explain what do you mean under “stuck at full frequency “.

daniel_marinesc
Level 7
My cpu is constantly @ 3600Mhz with 0 load, it also gets hot.
The frequency should go down when idle.

daniel.marinescu wrote:
My cpu is constantly @ 3600Mhz with 0 load, it also gets hot.
The frequency should go down when idle.

Hi,
Have you look in the BIOS CPU ratio? And the CPU volt? Maybe you have overclock it. Make a clear CMOS and update the new BIOS again.

Xps425 wrote:
Hi,
Have you look in the BIOS CPU ratio? And the CPU volt? Maybe you have overclock it. Make a clear CMOS and update the new BIOS again.

Already tried clearing CMOS or resintalling bios

vennacher
Level 7
2 things to check: is speedstep enabled in your BIOS? If not change to enabled and see if that fixes the problem. 2nd, check your windows power settings under CPU performance. If the min processor setting is 100% it will override speedstep. Change it to something like 25%.
MB : Rampage IV BE. - Bios 0801
CPU : i7 3970x @ 4500 MHz, Offset +0.030v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 750, C1E Enabled, C3/C6/C7 Disabled
CPU VCCSA: Manual 1.150v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 500
RAM : Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz - 64GB
Disks : Raid0 2x Intel 520 480GB; 2x Seagate 2TB
GFX : EVGA GTX690
Audio : Creative X-FI Titanium HD
PSU : Corsair AX1200i
Optic BD\DVD : Lite-On Blu-Ray; Samsung DVDRW
Cooler\Case : Corsair H100i v2 2; Silverstone TJ07

This was happening to me, brand new build 8700K + z370-F.

Fixed it by changing power options to 'Balanced'. A fresh reinstall of windows 10 had set the options to 'my custom plan'.

vennacher wrote:
2 things to check: is speedstep enabled in your BIOS? If not change to enabled and see if that fixes the problem. 2nd, check your windows power settings under CPU performance. If the min processor setting is 100% it will override speedstep. Change it to something like 25%.

Isn't SpeedStep available only on Intel? I'm on AMD

vennacher
Level 7
If you have a “ cool and quiet” bios setting, make sure it is enabled. Then check your windows power settings. *
MB : Rampage IV BE. - Bios 0801
CPU : i7 3970x @ 4500 MHz, Offset +0.030v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 750, C1E Enabled, C3/C6/C7 Disabled
CPU VCCSA: Manual 1.150v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 500
RAM : Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz - 64GB
Disks : Raid0 2x Intel 520 480GB; 2x Seagate 2TB
GFX : EVGA GTX690
Audio : Creative X-FI Titanium HD
PSU : Corsair AX1200i
Optic BD\DVD : Lite-On Blu-Ray; Samsung DVDRW
Cooler\Case : Corsair H100i v2 2; Silverstone TJ07

vennacher wrote:
If you have a “ cool and quiet” bios setting, make sure it is enabled. Then check your windows power settings. *

I've enabled EPU cpu seems to be cooler in idle and voltage drops but cpu frequency is the same I think this is a false reading, also in cpu-z there is diffrent reading than in task manager.
In task manager it drops to 3.3 in cpu-z it's solid 3.6

EDIT: I've set power options to Balanced and now it's dropping to 2.2Ghz