cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370 C6H won't update/downgrade BIOS

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
Welp I'm kind of at a wall. I typically can troubleshoot these problems, no problem. But not today. I'm looking to just go back to an older BIOS (current it 8503) as I noticed this one didn't wanna handle my RAM O/C. So I went and grabbed the file for the last BIOS I had 8002(Same file I used when I updated to 8002). Now comes the fun part.. No matter what I do it tells me the BIOS version I'm trying to update to, is not proper. EZ update in windows tells me : The model of this BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present. BIOS flash 3 tells me: That it is not a proper BIOS file. Crashfree tells me : well nothing, the LED just flashed for five sec, then solid for like 10+ mins.(book says that means it didn't work) I obviously have the correct BIOS for the board, as it was the one I was using before. Also I know that the 8503 is the proper BIOS .
Now I have reformatted two USB's to FAT32, I have renamed them(C6H.CAP manually, and with the included tool), I re-downloaded them, unzipped them, and tried it that way.
4 REPLIES 4

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
Any help would be greatly appreciated, still can't do anything, just stuck..

Nate152
Hi Atrixfizleo

Were you able to get the bios updated?

It seems like you're doing it right.

Download the bios file to your pc, extract the files to the usb flash drive then rename to C6H.CAP

Insert the usb flash drive into the bios flashback port and try updating.

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
Unfortunately I have not had any success in the matter. No matter what I do I get the same error, just worded differently. "You are trying to use a bios for a different board. " Which is 100% inaccurate, has I flashed the 8503 from the website, and simply tried to flash back to the same 8002 file I had used originally.
I basically have given up hope. But thanks to the computer gods it still works, and somehow was not bricked.

winifix
Level 7
AtrixfizIeo wrote:
Welp I'm kind of at a wall. I typically can troubleshoot these problems, no problem. But not today. I'm looking to just go back to an older BIOS (current it 8503) as I noticed this one didn't wanna handle my RAM O/C. So I went and grabbed the file for the last BIOS I had 8002(Same file I used when I updated to 8002). Now comes the fun part.. No matter what I do it tells me the BIOS version I'm trying to update to, is not proper. EZ update in windows tells me : The model of this BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present. BIOS flash 3 tells me: That it is not a proper BIOS file. Crashfree tells me : well nothing, the LED just flashed for five sec, then solid for like 10+ mins.(book says that means it didn't work) I obviously have the correct BIOS for the board, as it was the one I was using before. Also I know that the 8503 is the proper BIOS .
Now I have reformatted two USB's to FAT32, I have renamed them(C6H.CAP manually, and with the included tool), I re-downloaded them, unzipped them, and tried it that way.

I am experiencing the same issue, tested the 2 older bioses and failed on flashback also stuck on blue icon for well over 1 hour.
Also tested in bios but that seems to not allow flashing to prior versions there so naturally gave error.

I do wonder if the beta bios broke the flashback system, just surprised only us 2 seem to have reported this issue.