cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working fine then suddenly won't post. CPU Led, Q-Code 41, 34, 33, 14, then 13

deadwisdom
Level 7
My build has been trucking along fine for the last two months, but last night I came home, turned her on, and there was no post. At first there it was just showing 00, then rebooted and saw 41. Then rebooted again, and got 34. Went down to a single RAM stick and got 33. All the while, the CPU Led was lit up solid. So I cleared the CMOS and started getting 14, then removed damn near everything except one RAM stick, re-seated the CPU, and now I'm consistently getting Q-Code 13.

I am really at a loss of what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-- Hardware --
Maximus VI Gene
Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Socket LGA 1150
8GB, Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3072MB
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would do a full Clear CMOS with the power on standby.

If that does not help matters then stripping the motherboard of all the hardware is my next effort. Once the board is bare check the socket for bent pins and also inspect the actual PSU connectors some of the time the little metal pins come loose.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

deadwisdom
Level 7
Not sure how to do a full clear, just hit that button on the back right? I did as such. The manual doesn't explain how to do it, even though it refers to an explanation (whoops).

I will look for bent pins, but I can't imagine that's the case, as nothing has touched it since it was working.

Thanks for the help!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Pins can become misaligned due to excessive pressure, and then you take into account changes in temps while using your system under load and it happens.

The button on the back is perfect for a Clear CMOS. That reference to explanation I think is a left over from when their used to be a jumper that you had to bridge out.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

deadwisdom
Level 7
So this doesn't look good.

Not sure if I just did this, or it happened on its own accord, but there seem to be smudges on my processor contacts. What do you think, new motherboard or new processor, or both? Ugh.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is not the end of the world, but what you do need to look at very carefully is the socket area. Those dark marks will have been caused by something going on in the socket. Post up a couple of pictures of your socket, that shows the different angles.

deadwisdom
Level 7
I can't really see any issues. There are a lot of tiny pokey things as far as I'm concerned...

http://imgur.com/a/HL77r

elord
Level 7
Hello deadwisdom im a newbey, but i think there is 1 pin on the right bottom side near the torx screw.
I can observe its not align to the rest.

HiVizMan
Level 40
There are at least three pins that are bent. Bottom right and top right.