cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't post with video card installed

ProfessorFalken
Level 7
I just built a new PC using the M7F and an i7 4790 as the new components, and I'm using the 16 GB of corsair RAM and GTX660 from the old build. The computer works fine without the video card installed, but once I plug in the GTX660 (and transfer the display port cable over to the video card), the computer refuses to boot and gives me the error code A0. Unless I zapped my video card moving it from one computer to the other (yes I used a static strap and anti-static mat) it should be good.

Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi ProfessorFalken and Welcome to ROG.

Qcode AO means your post cycle is complete and passed to AHCI, now handing over to your OS. You should be good to go.

Regarding your card, Although an older card now, it should still work if proven to be good.

Have you checked the driver version in Device Manager as you may have to update. The last known driver was WHQL GeForce 327.23 from here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/66884

It is best to list your full system spec and OS, if the issue is not resolved from the above.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Have you tried that gpu in another computer? If it works in another pc then you should replace your ps. If it doesn't work in another pc then you know that the gpu is the problem. Also try a different output on the card, use dvi or hdmi out instead of dp and see if it works. Also does the dp cable you are using work? There are different standards of cable and you have to use the right one to get sound and video on the cable. You've got to approach it systematically in order to find the root cause of the problem and sometimes it can be difficult to isolate. AS MM mentioned the AO code says that your system is fully functional so there has to be something not allowing the video signal to reach the display. In all of my years of building pc's when a gpu goes bad I've always had a FF code on the debug led and the post halted there.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932