cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows server essentials R2 install woes

Bluetac
Level 7
Guys can anyone shed any light on why the the V11 hero board will not allow the above os to install any drivers , namely the network or system ones.
I have downloaded the latest drivers from the website, the os initially installs just fine but wont accept any drivers either of the disc or the latest ones downloaded from a pen drive, I have updated the bios version to 2012 as the one i came with was version 906
I am going to have another go later at re installing it from scratch, but i am not holding my breath.
I had planned on replacing my windows home server 2011 build , basically run it along side until i am happy with it then migrate the data over from it.
The new build has the following spec and all are new parts

Intel Core i7 4770S
4x4gigs of ddr3 1600 Corsair vengeance.
A Samsung 120gig 850 pro SSD for the OS
4x 3 TB red hdds (backups of networked pcs)
3x 2TB green hdd (for one large data pool for media)
V750watt coolermaster psu
3 REPLIES 3

Praz
Level 13
Hello

This is not a supported operating system. You will need to mod the drivers for the operating system or find compatible drivers elsewhere.

Bluetac
Level 7
Thanks Praz how would i mod them?
I also have an Rampage IV Formula board or a rampage VI extreme that i can use instead both socket 2011 , do you know if either one is supported ?
If so i can shuffle the hardware around to suit?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

No ASUS consumer boards officially support enterprise operating systems. As far as modding the drivers I can only suggest Google.