cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows no loading when i TURN OFF the OC!

paulinhop
Level 7
Hello guys,

I'm experiencing something really weird, first off i have a rampage iii extreme motherboard with a i7 930 bloomfield revD0. I also have 2 ssds in raid 0 plugged in the marvell controller.

So here it is, ill tell the full history of my problem. I had a Zalman CNPS9700 air cooler and i changed for a H80i, i wanted to compare my temperatures with no overclock, by the way the overclock i was using is a very n00b one, is just the cpu level up 3.06ghz pre define profile.

So far so good, so, when i go to my rampage iii extreme bios and put everything on auto with absolute no overclock, windows 8 wont boot in. What happen is, the windows 8 logo appears and it get stuck there for about 10 minutes. After that it shows me an sad face and a message telling me something wrong happened. So i try to figure what's going on, i boot up in the automatic repair mode and windows tells me that it cant repair itself. I try to re-install windows and it doesn't show up my ssds.

I tried EVERYTHING, first the problem apparently was Windows was not recognizing the ssds in raid so i change it in bios to IDE, AHCI, RAID and i get nothing. I unplugged all my other hard drives and let only the 2 ssds there. Nothing. I undo the raid and formated bouth and windows recognized them, i go into marvells config (control+m) and raid it up again, Nothing, windows wont recognize them.

So here is the weird part, i set up CPU LEVEL UP OC profile, put it on 3.06. Windows recognized everything, i re-installed my entire system, i go in the bios, change everything to auto to undo any overclock so i can check the temperatures and windows just wont boot up again.

I have no idea how to fix this, i also clear the cmos, load defaut bios values and nothing.

Any ideas? Ill provide any information you guys may need, just try to help me out and let me know.
Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Delitus
Level 9
Does the pre-defined profile by any chance have boosted voltages? If so, you may be experiencing CPU wear - a combination of increased voltages and heat will accelerate the rate at which this occurs, where the processor eventually cannot reliably function at previously stable voltages.
| MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | RAM: 8x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (CL10) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k (4.2GHz, -0.005v) | GPU: 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 FE | SSD: 2x Crucial MX300 750GB | PSU: Corsair AX1200 |

Delitus wrote:
Does the pre-defined profile by any chance have boosted voltages? If so, you may be experiencing CPU wear - a combination of increased voltages and heat will accelerate the rate at which this occurs, where the processor eventually cannot reliably function at previously stable voltages.

You mean the pre-defined overclock profile? if so i think it should have boosted voltages.

The main problem i think is when i change everything back to auto, what happens is that windows won't detect the RAID and when i pick the overclocked profile everything runs fine.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You would need to use the Intel SATA controllers for your SSD's and Win8 I think....
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
You would need to use the Intel SATA controllers for your SSD's and Win8 I think....

I don't think that's it since everything work fine unless i turn the predefined overclock off.

I repeated the last post.

paulinhop
Level 7
bump!

Nothing? 😞