cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Fast Startup error

GuzMonster
Level 7
Every other reboot, windows 8 fast startup fails with event id 29 "Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4." Is it a compatibility, bios, or some other issue? Has anybody else experienced this?
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5
7 REPLIES 7

Area_66
Level 11
Hum it's look than the shutdown was not done the proper way. So Windows 8 as to restart from scratch instead of using the last state.

Nodens
Level 16
What Area 66 said. This points to corruption. I'd start with checking your RAM with Memtest86+
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

GuzMonster
Level 7
Just ran memtest86 and was struck with errors. The strange thing is I've swapped with another kit which tested fine some time ago, and it is still throwing out errors!! Testing right now with cpu at stock speeds, mem at rated 2133mhz. Let's see how it goes.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
It seems the newer CAP bioses are not compatible with my mem cpu combo. Just ran memtest on bios 0018 through test 7 with no problems. Test 7 always failed with new bioses. Going to test with overclocked settings on 0018 just now.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

GuzMonster
Level 7
Oh well figured out, it is not the newer biose's fault. It turns out memtest5.0b1 is bugged in SMP mode, just hit F3 at the start and it works fine.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

Nodens
Level 16
Use version 4.20 from here http://www.memtest.org/
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

dklhs90
Level 7
i disabled fast boot in my bios because it just caused me more problems than any booting capability.

Student | Gamer