cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 wont boot

pravien
Level 7
hi im pravien from india i am a rog user for the past 4 years now . i dont overclock but i play games a lot and i prefer to use rog board coz of its ability to withstand rough environment(power cuts/illegal shutdown).

about 2 week ago an ic on my crosshair iv formula got burst.. idk what happen i wasnt even gaming. there is no warranty to claim and every service center said to buy a new 1.

so i went with croshair v formula z. i connected all the cables coolers ram vga card etc.. when i first booted it didnt recognize my HDD but after firmly placeing the hd on the bay slot it went past all the post led and booter windows. but when the windows image starts appearing it gets a bit laggy/struk and the computer restarts over and over again...

so far i have tested with 2 HDDs with win 7 and the same thing happens on both the drives.. it doesnt open on safe mode(restarts just like normal boot) but when trying to launch startup repair its goes in fine and after finishing repair it asks for a restart. so i did nothing changed still cant boot win 7..

my spec
amd phenom II x6 1100t
asus croshair v formula z
asus eah5870 v2
corsair vengence 8gb 1600
corsair h100i
coolermaster 650w

im new to this q code thing but it shows no of codes when the restart happens such as c7 3b 36 etc i dont understand them.

sorry for my bad english and i appreciate any help.. ty
4 REPLIES 4

robertotaylor
Level 7
Could be bad RAM or possibly a bad graphics card/video driver that is causing the reboos.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi pravien and Welcome to ROG

Do you know what version Bios your new MB came with?
If not the latest, then I suggest you update to 2101.
After the update, Set Bios to default and attempt to Boot.
Keep an eye on your Qcode readout, as the numbers progress during post, it may stop and no longer progress. This is the Qcode readout we will require and then an explanation of what this means will be given.
Sometimes hot swapping HDDs with various Windows installations, do not work well together in conjunction with Bios settings, So you may have to do a clean Install of your windows OS.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

pravien
Level 7
tnx for the replies, my mb bois version is 2101

made a new os instal and its working fine now. so no hardware fault thank god.

the fault was probably with the old os without proper updates. ty

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi pravien. Thanks for reporting back and glad you have it sorted,
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]