cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Drivers + BIOS (NVME Support & Spectre/Meltdown Mitigation)

SparkyBoy006
Level 8
4/28/19:

Updated Drivers:
-Asmedia_USB3_1.16.56.1
-Intel_Chipset_10.1.17969.8134
-Intel_LAN_23.5.2
-Intel_RST_Drivers_&_Software_Set_v17.2.6.1027 (Install when SATA is set to RAID mode)
-Intel_RSTe_5.5.0.2012 (Install when SATA is set to AHCI mode)
-Realtek_HDAudio_8688

Updated BIOS:
-CPU Microcode 306E4 IVB-E - 42E (3-14-2019)

Updated Utilities:
-ASUS_AI_Suite3_WIN10_V3.00.51

WARNING: Per Intel instructions, make sure to disable Bitlocker (if you have it enabled) before flashing BIOS with CPU Microcode update! (You can safely re-enable after flashing)

Download the Latest Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Driver/BIOS/Utility Pack HERE
MD5: d4ae2b6e95da6eacffab9828bf3a70a6
Read the included "ReadMe" files for important instructions and notes!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Release 07/29/15

Change History: Read the included "ReadMe" file for complete history of releases.
146 REPLIES 146

And also : is it possible to install Ai Suite 3 on RIVE ?

SparkyBoy006 wrote:
4/28/19:

Updated Drivers:
-Asmedia_USB3_1.16.56.1
-Intel_Chipset_10.1.17969.8134
-Intel_LAN_23.5.2
-Intel_RST_Drivers_&_Software_Set_v17.2.6.1027 (Install when SATA is set to RAID mode)
-Intel_RSTe_5.5.0.2012 (Install when SATA is set to AHCI mode)
-Realtek_HDAudio_8688

Updated BIOS:
-CPU Microcode 306E4 IVB-E - 42E (3-14-2019)

Updated Utilities:
-ASUS_AI_Suite3_WIN10_V3.00.51

WARNING: Per Intel instructions, make sure to disable Bitlocker (if you have it enabled) before flashing BIOS with CPU Microcode update! (You can safely re-enable after flashing)

Download the Latest Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Driver/BIOS/Utility Pack HERE
MD5: d4ae2b6e95da6eacffab9828bf3a70a6
Read the included "ReadMe" files for important instructions and notes!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Release 07/29/15

Change History: Read the included "ReadMe" file for complete history of releases.

Is it possible for another download site or for the zip folder to be uploaded again as androidfilehost.com isn't downloading for me at present. Site just says its 'searching for mirrors'. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

vennacher
Level 7
Thank you Sparkyboy for keeping us up to date. Of this driver pack I am find the ASMedia USB bluescreens when my system attempts to enter sleep mode. Since on the last several driver pack updates you've recommended sticking with the native windows USB drivers thought it worth noting the v54 USB drivers might still be unstable for some RIVBE owners.

This minor detail aside I really appreciate your gathering stable driver updates and updating the BIOS so we can keep our systems up to date and performing as the world moves on. The X79 has proven a robust platform and with a gfx card update every couple years we continue to have top performing systems.

Thanks again for keeping these systems alive and well.
MB : Rampage IV BE. - Bios 0801
CPU : i7 3970x @ 4500 MHz, Offset +0.030v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 750, C1E Enabled, C3/C6/C7 Disabled
CPU VCCSA: Manual 1.150v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 500
RAM : Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz - 64GB
Disks : Raid0 2x Intel 520 480GB; 2x Seagate 2TB
GFX : EVGA GTX690
Audio : Creative X-FI Titanium HD
PSU : Corsair AX1200i
Optic BD\DVD : Lite-On Blu-Ray; Samsung DVDRW
Cooler\Case : Corsair H100i v2 2; Silverstone TJ07

vennacher wrote:
Thank you Sparkyboy for keeping us up to date. Of this driver pack I am find the ASMedia USB bluescreens when my system attempts to enter sleep mode. Since on the last several driver pack updates you've recommended sticking with the native windows USB drivers thought it worth noting the v54 USB drivers might still be unstable for some RIVBE owners.

This minor detail aside I really appreciate your gathering stable driver updates and updating the BIOS so we can keep our systems up to date and performing as the world moves on. The X79 has proven a robust platform and with a gfx card update every couple years we continue to have top performing systems.

Thanks again for keeping these systems alive and well.

You're welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying your X79 board as much as I am! I have updated the AsMedia drivers once more and have thoroughly tested them on the soon to be released Windows 10 1903. I didn't experience any issues with the v54 drivers (it could be a particular compatibility issue with a device you have plugged in), but try the new v56 drivers and let me know.

8link
Level 7
Great work! Thank you for that. Happy to have AISuite again. One question, If I update my BIOS with the one with your Microcode patches, should the Spectre/Meltdown check utility see my system as safe if I disable OS Spectre/Meltdown patches? Right now after BIOS update I get information that my system is Vurnelable.

Also do I understand it correctly, with the BIOS patches I will not get (such) performance drop compared to OS patches?

8link wrote:
Great work! Thank you for that. Happy to have AISuite again. One question, If I update my BIOS with the one with your Microcode patches, should the Spectre/Meltdown check utility see my system as safe if I disable OS Spectre/Meltdown patches? Right now after BIOS update I get information that my system is Vurnelable.

Also do I understand it correctly, with the BIOS patches I will not get (such) performance drop compared to OS patches?

If you disable the patches in registry, it disables Spectre/Meltdown mitigation. The processors for this board are older and so the patches do create a performance decrease, but the newer microcode updates help regain some performance while upping the protection.

Microsoft actually pushes microcode updates in Windows- they become active once the OS boots. Having the microcode in the BIOS ensures you have the latest version of the microcode mitigation already installed, prior to an OS boot and across OSs. Different OSs also have patches that work in tandem with the microcode to get the best performance/security possible.

MonnieRock
Level 7
Well, after serving me well since a release day purchase she died 😞

Where do you find a replacement?

On Ebay there are China ones but, I am not confident those are legitimate ASUS boards unless someone here has personal experience with them.

One from a private seller is up for $699 plus shipping. I just do not see that being logical move for myself.

Have not seen any in the marketplace threads here and other sites.

x79 platform (oc'ed of course), does everything I need currently. Plus, I really liked that board.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Monnie