cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Drivers + BIOS (NVME Support & Spectre/Meltdown Mitigation)

SparkyBoy006
Level 8
4/28/19:

Updated Drivers:
-Asmedia_USB3_1.16.56.1
-Intel_Chipset_10.1.17969.8134
-Intel_LAN_23.5.2
-Intel_RST_Drivers_&_Software_Set_v17.2.6.1027 (Install when SATA is set to RAID mode)
-Intel_RSTe_5.5.0.2012 (Install when SATA is set to AHCI mode)
-Realtek_HDAudio_8688

Updated BIOS:
-CPU Microcode 306E4 IVB-E - 42E (3-14-2019)

Updated Utilities:
-ASUS_AI_Suite3_WIN10_V3.00.51

WARNING: Per Intel instructions, make sure to disable Bitlocker (if you have it enabled) before flashing BIOS with CPU Microcode update! (You can safely re-enable after flashing)

Download the Latest Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Driver/BIOS/Utility Pack HERE
MD5: d4ae2b6e95da6eacffab9828bf3a70a6
Read the included "ReadMe" files for important instructions and notes!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Release 07/29/15

Change History: Read the included "ReadMe" file for complete history of releases.
146 REPLIES 146

Ictinike
Level 7
Have R4BE 701 stock installed and saw this thread and updates to BIOS and drivers.

Reading I need to update Intel MEI Firmware (done) and Windows 10 Driver (failing). Reading directions states I need the 11.0.6.1194 driver before BIOS update?

I can remove the existing MEI driver package, reboot and it does find the PCIe device but attempting to install it from either the full software install, the MSI Only or even updating the driver via Computer Manager's 'update driver' and pointing to the update catalog; I still get the same old version 11.0.5.1189.

Not sure now if I need it or it's not working but would love to flash the Ashampoo work for Spectre as indicated in the updates. I have an i7 4930K Ivy on this board so wondering now if it's cpu specific. Any ideas?

Edit - Thinking now, re-reading this MEI setup, that I should flash the updated BIOS in this pack and THEN update the MEI Driver. That correct?

Thanks!
~Ictinike

Ictinike wrote:
Have R4BE 701 stock installed and saw this thread and updates to BIOS and drivers.

Reading I need to update Intel MEI Firmware (done) and Windows 10 Driver (failing). Reading directions states I need the 11.0.6.1194 driver before BIOS update?

I can remove the existing MEI driver package, reboot and it does find the PCIe device but attempting to install it from either the full software install, the MSI Only or even updating the driver via Computer Manager's 'update driver' and pointing to the update catalog; I still get the same old version 11.0.5.1189.

Not sure now if I need it or it's not working but would love to flash the Ashampoo work for Spectre as indicated in the updates. I have an i7 4930K Ivy on this board so wondering now if it's cpu specific. Any ideas?

Edit - Thinking now, re-reading this MEI setup, that I should flash the updated BIOS in this pack and THEN update the MEI Driver. That correct?

Thanks!
~Ictinike

11.0.5.1189 is the correct driver version number. The full package (Intel_MEI_11.0.6.1194) itself is newer, but the actual driver will be 11.0.5.1189, sorry for the confusion. I used to write it for each MEI driver update, but I missed it for that one. Also, install the driver then the IMEI ROM. If the an IMEI driver isn't installed the IMEI ROM install will fail.

SparkyBoy006 wrote:
11.0.5.1189 is the correct driver version number. The full package (Intel_MEI_11.0.6.1194) itself is newer, but the actual driver will be 11.0.5.1189, sorry for the confusion. I used to write it for each MEI driver update, but I missed it for that one. Also, install the driver then the IMEI ROM. If the an IMEI driver isn't installed the IMEI ROM install will fail.

ROM being the Firmware aye? I did get a success on that but as you say the version of driver I had is the same as the one you are saying is the latest so that's good.

Thanks Sparky for the great knowledge and time!

SparkyBoy006
Level 8
Download the Latest Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Driver/BIOS Pack HERE
MD5: 3c8fe20401930472c6a6d3ed3fd46944
Read the included ReadMe files for any special instructions or notes!

Updated on 11/14/18:

Updated Drivers:
-Asmedia_USB3_1.16.54.1
-ASUS_AI_Suite3_WIN10_V3.00.16_0626 (New Ai Suite 3 was added)
-Intel_Chipset_10.1.17833.8098
(run “/your/path/here/SetupChipset.exe -overall” from CMD Prompt. “-overall” addition to path will force update all the inf files in device manager)
-Intel_LAN_23.2
-Intel_RST_Drivers_&_Software_Set_v16.7.1.1012
-Realtek_HDAudio_8549

Updated BIOS with:
(Meltdown and Spectre mitigation updates)
-CPU Microcode 0306E4 IVB-E - 42D
-CPU Microcode 0206D7 SNB-E - 714
-CPU Microcode 0206D6 SNB-E - 61D

-Updated NVMe BIOS driver

WARNING: Per Intel instructions, make sure to disable Bitlocker (if you have it enabled) before flashing BIOS with CPU Microcode update! (You can safely re-enable after flashing)

Sparkyboy - how easy is it to mod the bios like you're doing? I've been using Bolt4breakfast's bioses for my Rampage IV Formula and your drivers but i don't think he's updated his bioses in a while and it would be great to be able to get the NVMe update you've just added among other things for my Formula - is there a how to you could point me towards or could you do one...??

Hi, I am a proud owner of rivbe, but since windows 10 April Update I have major problems (multiplied since October Update), due to drivers incompatibility of my strix 1080ti, windows 10 and motherboard (video fails, black screens e.t.c.). Your tireless effort upgrading the mb drivers is the only thing that still holds me from upgrading. I owe you friend (SparkyBoy), you saved me from so many troubles and made my investment worth, as ASUS gave up too soon on this amazing MB... You are a league on your own, THANKS and keep doing such an excellent work... I will proceed to a clean install (Win 10 October Update) with the newest drivers you uploaded (11.14) and will inform you if I see any improvement

Aginoras wrote:
Hi, I am a proud owner of rivbe, but since windows 10 April Update I have major problems (multiplied since October Update), due to drivers incompatibility of my strix 1080ti, windows 10 and motherboard (video fails, black screens e.t.c.). Your tireless effort upgrading the mb drivers is the only thing that still holds me from upgrading. I owe you friend (SparkyBoy), you saved me from so many troubles and made my investment worth, as ASUS gave up too soon on this amazing MB... You are a league on your own, THANKS and keep doing such an excellent work... I will proceed to a clean install (Win 10 October Update) with the newest drivers you uploaded (11.14) and will inform you if I see any improvement

I hope you figured out your issue with the Strix 1080ti. Many people have had the black screen issues with Nvidia cards lately, including me. There are several programs that cause the black screens. The Corsair Link program (I belive it has been updated since) was identified as one of the causes, as well as several of the GPU overclocking programs. Asus' as well as EVGA's GPU OC programs with the GPU LED modification additions have caused those black screen video dropouts. Uninstall any of those if you have them or check to see if they have updates that fixed the problem. Sorry for the late reply, I hope this helps you.

DukeRaoul wrote:
Sparkyboy - how easy is it to mod the bios like you're doing? I've been using Bolt4breakfast's bioses for my Rampage IV Formula and your drivers but i don't think he's updated his bioses in a while and it would be great to be able to get the NVMe update you've just added among other things for my Formula - is there a how to you could point me towards or could you do one...??

Sorry for the late reply.. here's a link to an updated BIOS for the Rampage IV Formula. I included the latest Microcode updates, newer RST efi/orom, and NVME support. I couldn't test it, but it should work fine. Let me know.

I'm also going to PM you some info.

4/28/19:

Updated Drivers:
-Asmedia_USB3_1.16.56.1
-Intel_Chipset_10.1.17969.8134
-Intel_LAN_23.5.2
-Intel_RST_Drivers_&_Software_Set_v17.2.6.1027 (Install when SATA is set to RAID mode)
-Intel_RSTe_5.5.0.2012 (Install when SATA is set to AHCI mode)
-Realtek_HDAudio_8688

Updated BIOS:
-CPU Microcode 306E4 IVB-E - 42E (3-14-2019)

Updated Utilities:
-ASUS_AI_Suite3_WIN10_V3.00.51

Download the Latest Windows 10 WHQL RIVBE Driver/BIOS/Utility Pack HERE
MD5: d4ae2b6e95da6eacffab9828bf3a70a6
Read the included "ReadMe" files for important instructions and notes!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Initial Release 07/29/15

Change History: Read the included "ReadMe" file for complete history of releases.

Hello. Could you make BIOS with updated microcode for RIVE ? I'd really appreciate it .