cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Install - Asus, Intel or other for drivers

MaxSterling0001
Level 7
I have an Asus z270 Tuf Mark 1. I installed windows 10 on it and forgot not to allow Windows to install its drivers. That isn't a concern due to how I need to get rid of them. The problem I am having is figuring out just whose drivers to use.

1) Intel, Asus, Microsoft, Realtek, Asmedia and so on. - As mentioned Microsoft installed its own drivers for my system (my mistake). However once I get rid of them to install the actual company or mobo maker drivers, I still can't decide on whose drivers to use.

Intel for the chipset, MEI, IRST, Graphics - Asus has drivers but like any product, the company might release two set of drivers and then abandon the product more or less. Intel has the most current drivers. So do I use Intel Drivers instead of the much older Asus - I know this is an old topic that has been asked for ages, some would say Intel some say Asus but that was before Windows 10.

Other problem is that some of intel drivers are using the DCH drivers instead of the standard drivers that are made for any version of Windows from Windows 7 on (want to say WDDM but could be wrong).

Then of course the same issues for the rest of the drivers, use Asus or use more updated by as much as 2-3 years drivers from the part makers.

2) Can you have both DCH and regular drivers installed at the same time, like the intel chipset, graphics, MEI, IRST while ASMedia uses normal drivers, Nvidia uses regular drivers, you logitech gaming keyboard and mouse? Or will the mix cause crashes (not what I want.)
10 REPLIES 10

Well have been using Windows 10 for 10 days and it appears it is working, except for the occasional black screen that shows up and then returns to what you are doing, almost as if it is checking a connection or checking the HDCP or it needs to sneeze, one second, chew. Okay back.

However thank you for the help.

I think I have found a fews places for saitek x36 usb and wingman force drivers but I would like to ask if any of these are legit, what are the best sites to get them or don't trust (let me know if this should be moved, the request of drivers to another forum/thread.

Thank you appreciate your help.