cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Install - Asus, Intel or other for drivers

MaxSterling0001
Level 7
I have an Asus z270 Tuf Mark 1. I installed windows 10 on it and forgot not to allow Windows to install its drivers. That isn't a concern due to how I need to get rid of them. The problem I am having is figuring out just whose drivers to use.

1) Intel, Asus, Microsoft, Realtek, Asmedia and so on. - As mentioned Microsoft installed its own drivers for my system (my mistake). However once I get rid of them to install the actual company or mobo maker drivers, I still can't decide on whose drivers to use.

Intel for the chipset, MEI, IRST, Graphics - Asus has drivers but like any product, the company might release two set of drivers and then abandon the product more or less. Intel has the most current drivers. So do I use Intel Drivers instead of the much older Asus - I know this is an old topic that has been asked for ages, some would say Intel some say Asus but that was before Windows 10.

Other problem is that some of intel drivers are using the DCH drivers instead of the standard drivers that are made for any version of Windows from Windows 7 on (want to say WDDM but could be wrong).

Then of course the same issues for the rest of the drivers, use Asus or use more updated by as much as 2-3 years drivers from the part makers.

2) Can you have both DCH and regular drivers installed at the same time, like the intel chipset, graphics, MEI, IRST while ASMedia uses normal drivers, Nvidia uses regular drivers, you logitech gaming keyboard and mouse? Or will the mix cause crashes (not what I want.)
10 REPLIES 10

MaxSterling0001
Level 7
I am surprised no answer. Can't even find an answer online to can dch and standard drivers be installed at the same time or should I say can dch drivers work with standard drivers on the same system.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H110/B150/H170/Z170/B250/H270/Z270/B365/Z370)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 2xx/3xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I217/I218/I219

Drivers - I210/I211

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Headphone:X v1 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1 MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Sorry I only got to respond to it now, but I am downloading your drivers and will make an attempt on the system. Someone asked me why I OCD over drivers and whose to use, I can't get it through to them that owning an Alienware Laptop gave me new insight into drivers and how honestly a laptop might get lucky with up to 6 months of driver updates then boom, nothing. You then have to alter the inf for the Nvidia card that they haven't put out drivers in 2 years on Alienware and you are in your 3rd year of ownership. Then you have to essentially decide which drivers, Alienware/Dell or Intel or other part maker for your updates. Crazy.

I still have the question about mixing DCH and non-DCH, will a system work that has that situation. For example the creative drivers for my sound card for Windows 10 were never updated to DCH, so will I see issues with dch and non-dch on the same system and being able to play the sound/ sound effects, song, music, noise while the Nvidia DCH drivers are giving you the visual experience.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

- Intel Chipset Drivers

Error or Problem:
When I install (right click run as admin on install.cmd), after reboot the device details under [General] tab say - The device is working properly
Under the tab [Events] the top line says under description - Device Install Requested
The message in information states - Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&SUBSYS_872F1043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B0 requires further installation.

In Event Viewer you see as level "Error" it says:
Error 3/18/2022 2:15:19am Kernel PnP for Event ID 411 and Task Category is None

Then down on the General tab same error but more information you get:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&SUBSYS_872F1043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem19.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: MEIx64
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

====================

So what went wrong? Or is this normal that the Intel Management Engine doesn't need to run other than when updated and it updates the firmware in the MEI chip. My other question, don't you need this working for all intel devices to properly communicate with each other (Intel Sata, usb, graphics, lan, chipset) or is that just a myth that Intel pushes but is not true.

MaxSterling00012b wrote:
MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

- Intel Chipset Drivers

Error or Problem:
When I install (right click run as admin on install.cmd), after reboot the device details under [General] tab say - The device is working properly
Under the tab [Events] the top line says under description - Device Install Requested
The message in information states - Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&SUBSYS_872F1043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B0 requires further installation.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA&SUBSYS_872F1043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:

====================

So what went wrong? Or is this normal that the Intel Management Engine doesn't need to run other than when updated and it updates the firmware in the MEI chip. My other question, don't you need this working for all intel devices to properly communicate with each other (Intel Sata, usb, graphics, lan, chipset) or is that just a myth that Intel pushes but is not true.

Hi,

If you have a single occurrence of this error, ignore it, it appears when switching between drivers when installing new drivers (the date/time stamp should match when you installed the drivers), what is to be taken into account is the current state of your device in your Device Manager.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You will have no issue mixing devices using DCH drivers and devices that don't have DCH drivers and using Legacy drivers on the same system.

However, if a device can use DCH drivers and Legacy drivers, DCH drivers must be preferred.

I thank you for the help. I assume the drivers you provide leave out all the junk consoles and other worthless mini-programs that you don't need and where needed you have updated the install procedure since the original installers might freak out if it doesn't see all the drivers.

Do you know who might have drivers for older Logitech Wingman products, especially their Wingman Force Joystick and of course racing wheel and pedals.

Logitech now owns them but win10 drivers for Saitek x36 USB. New ones are too pricey and no longer can be hoped for.

What is so funny on the Z270 Tuf Mark 1 is how they show it is I think Win 11 Ready or compatible, yet I think it can only use a series 6xxx or series 7xxx cpu which would mean a 6xxx won't work thanks to the nice behind the motherboard deal between Intel and Microsoft (people have been saying it works fine on 6xxx but MS of course to prevent you from ruining a nice deal they have with Intel is to simply refuse to see the 6xxx and most of the 7xxx and of course it would be a waste of money to upgrade to a series 7000 CPU from Intel as it would be better to invest in a 12xxx Intel CPU and I think it is what the z6xx, well the days for me being able to do that ended with the loss of my mom.

Now I am a no new diet, but even if could the prices on GPU's are simply outrageous and the makers of the cards know it but once again, they aren't going to say no to someone willing to pay $100's over MSRP while the Public relations says they very upset to see the prices and what they are doing to reduce the prices (last thing I heard they put something on the 3xxx GPU's that would causing the crypto from working fast but hackers beat that and of course supposedly they were coming out with GPU's that won't have what is needed to get windows qual for being a gaming graphic cards but I guess they are too high to begin with.

MoKiChU
Level 40
MaxSterling00012b wrote:
Error or Problem:

Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:

====================

Hi,

If you have a single occurrence of this error, ignore it, it appears when switching between drivers when installing new drivers (the date/time stamp should match when you installed the drivers), what is to be taken into account is the current state of your device in your Device Manager.

Continuing to follow your instructions to the letter. It shows I have for a IDE ATA/ATAPI controller:
Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (just checking since the board is a Z270 chipset motherboard but it might just mean Intel is renaming things and versions as usual). I installed this driver after the chip, Intel Management Engine only (ME you call it). The file that I downloaded was
SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v17.11.1.1002.zip

which came from this message link=================================================================
- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.1.1003 WHQL [13/01/2022]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.1.1002 WHQL [26/10/2021]
Drivers - 1xx : 17.7.1.1010 WHQL [02/03/2021]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

=============================================================================================

I selected the 2xx/3xx link. Just want to make sure that it should say 300 instead of 200 (do I need to do a search for driver on my own and intentionally select the series 200 in the driver install dialog.

In terms of the previous problem with the ME. There has been no new events since 3/18/2022, so I assume it is okay/perfect and no long a worry (sorry I am a diehard Win 7 user and everything seemed so smooth whenever I had to install it across (note the chipsets were new or still fresh not chipsets near their replacement by a chipset higher with a new cpu, for example a sandy bridge way before they annoucement about ivy bridge and 3000 cpu being available) a laptop - Ivy Bridge , desktops - Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge, then the Z170 chipset and now the z270.

Yes windows is activated and verified as genuine.

To also reconfirm I am using the 21H2 version or the last of the "updates" and only ISO on their website.