cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Rampage IV Extreme / Black Edition Post with single Dimm in B1?

Topman
Level 7
Hi,
I posted a thread earlier today about problems with ASUS Rampage IV extreme/ Black Edition with Dimm Slot B1.

I installed various single dimms in Slot B1 on both mobo's and I get the error 53 ( Memory initialization error )

question I need to ask is will either of these mobo's post with just B1 dimm socket populated?

Kind Regards
//\//\ ......
3 REPLIES 3

Topman
Level 7
Fixed the rampage IV extreme now working on all 4 slots was the cpu in the end for some reason it didn't like 3930k or 4930k cpu but was happy with a 4960x. the asus rampage black edition is still giving me the same problem though even after using the 4960x on it.

I tested all the cpu's and ram on a P9X79 and they all work fine and in quad channel.

I'm guessing the asus rampage iv & BE are very picky what ram and cpu it has paired to post;(

Necrosan
Level 12
Remove the CPU from the RIVBE socket and inspect the socket pins for damage.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
First thing I'd look for is some physical reason for this....pins, coolers tightening down badly, RAM seating. Might be BIOS corruption? how have you been updating BIOS? something in common between the two boards...unless it's just a weird cosmic coincidence :confused: