cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which M.2 PCI-e/SATA Cards Work In the Maximus VI Motherboards?

Webrider
Level 7
Does anyone know which M.2 NGFF cards work with the Maximus VI motherboards? And more specifically if a Plextor PX-G128M6e which is a M.2 2280 will work on an ASUS Z87 Impact motherboard?
15 REPLIES 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes it will work.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for your prompt response.
It looks like I may need to RMA the card I currently have as it is not being recognized by the BIOS or in Windows 7. Do you know of any specific BIOS settings that I should check prior to giving up on this card and sending it back for a new one?

HiVizMan wrote:
Yes it will work.

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I ask what it is you are trying to do with the card? As in are you trying to install your OS on that card?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
May I ask what it is you are trying to do with the card? As in are you trying to install your OS on that card?

I was hoping to use it for OS Windows 7 or cache.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The PX-G128M6e requires a PCIe x2 interface. The M.2 slot on the Impact is x1. This difference may cause issues with compatibility.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The PX-G128M6e requires a PCIe x2 interface. The M.2 slot on the Impact is x1. This difference may cause issues with compatibility.

Hi Praz, Can you suggest a good alternative to the Plextor card for the Impact?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks for jumping in here Praz

@OP Praz is very clued up and knows his stuff when it comes to these products and if he says there may be complications then I totally defer to his knowledge.

HiVizMan wrote:

@OP Praz is very clued up and knows his stuff when it comes to these products and if he says there may be complications then I totally defer to his knowledge.

Thanks HiVizMan, I appreciate your support.

HiVizMan wrote:

Thanks HiVizMan, I appreciate your support.