cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is PLL overvoltage in the Rampage IV Extreme

skyisover
Level 7
Hello guys. Recently I've been having problems with my computer where my computer wont' wake from sleep. My monitor will receive no signal and I can't connect to it. I've read online that disabling PLL overvoltage in the BIOS helps but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Would you please list your hardware and if you are doing any over-clock of the ram or the CPU.

The PLL overvoltage thing was with the Z68 systems, it would be disabled when waking if the PLL overvoltage had been set to AUTO. 9 out of 10 times that resulted in the overclock failing if that overclock was particularly high.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I7 3930k
Rampage Iv extreme
GTX 670 TOP
Plextor M3
Samsung 2x4gb ram
Seasonic 1000w Platinum

Never overclocked anything. All drivers updated.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What frequency is your Ram running at?

Could you please select the XMP profile for your RAm and report back if the S3 sleep issue is resolved.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
And here are a couple of solutions that have worked in the past.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10288-Working-config-for-BIOS-1101-Intel-3930K-CPU-32GB-GSk...

and

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10051-RIVE-No-boot-from-sleep-mode&p=69548&viewfull=1#post6...

skyisover
Level 7
Thanks I'll get back to you on that. My ram is running on 1600, default speeds. Not sure about XMP but I think it has something to do with my BIOS settings.

HiVizMan
Level 40
XMP is the pre-programmed ram settings and is a feature that is offered on Intel platforms. And on ASUS motherboard XMP profile is one of the overclocking options. You see when you clock your ram above the chipset default you are overclocking.

skyisover
Level 7
Sorry to revive this thread but I'm still having sleep problems. My display opens perfectly fine if the computer wakes up from sleep but the probloem is that if the computer is running (fans spinning) and I leave on for a while and it doesn't sleep, no display appears.