cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did my UEFI-DVD boot option go?

Juanlo
Level 9
Last time I installed Windows on my Rampage IV formula I did it choosing UEFI-DVD boot device from BIOS. Today I'm trying to reinstall and this option is gone. Last time, I could choose UEFI mode or "standard" mode when booting from a DVD drive, but the UEFI option is gone. Maybe one of the latest BIOS updates removed it? I'm on BIOS 3204 right now.

If I try to boot from DVD using "standard" mode, Windows won't allow me to install it because it says that it can't be installed on a GPT drive.

At the BIOS I have set secure boot option to UEFI and CSM to auto. What can I do? How can I enable UEFI-DVD option in BIOS again?
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
You have selected secure boot. Try with that disabled.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Juanlo
Level 9
I can't disable it, just set it to UEFI or non-UEFI, and none of these work. I still can't choose UEFI-DVD boot from my BIOS like I did before

Nodens
Level 16
Are you certain that the particular disc you are trying to boot has a UEFI loader on it? If it's the same disc you were using then maybe it's damaged. As far as secure boot goes, make sure it's set to the option that allows UEFI booting (not the option which actualy enables it and allows you to check bootloader certificates etc etc). I can't remember how the settings are named heh:) Other than that option nothing else would affect it other than discs that can't be booted in UEFI mode.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Juanlo
Level 9
That's it Nodens, I have several disks here at it looks like the one I was trying didn't have a UEFI loader... damn it I feel stupid.

Thanks!

Nodens
Level 16
Hehehe! No worries mate, it happens:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.