cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Strix B450 Bios Version 1001 is bad

raven77uk
Level 10
Do not update to the Version 1001, I just did and on reboots the system will not boot and hang on the white LED for ram fault, you need to clear cmos to boot. Thankfully you can go flash back to the previous bios. Nice one Asus.
61 REPLIES 61

spycounter
Level 7
HW Monitor doesn't work with this BIOS, CPU/SOC Load Line Calibration still doesn't work

nice~~~~~~~~~

raven77uk
Level 10
HWINFO does not work, Any memory frequency change result in boot failure, bios needs pulled asap.

raven77uk wrote:
HWINFO does not work, Any memory frequency change result in boot failure, bios needs pulled asap.

I face the same things boot fail when I turn on d o c p to set my ram to 3200mhz but I use Asus x570 f

spycounter
Level 7
damn i lost all my profile to this broken bios, well i think it's my fault not save it first to usb just because i'm a bit too excited to the update
another problem when restart the monitor will go blank until hard power down and power on back

time to go back to previous version...

vBDKv
Level 8
After updating, I experienced this immediately ..

1) PC cannot be turned off, only drives will power down.
2) USB devices are flashing on and off constantly until Windows finally decides enough is enough. First time I've actually seen the "broken" usb icon.
3) HWinfo fails to get any data, and freezes.

I'm reverting back to 0602 asap. This is a 100% garbage bios update. I've never seen anything like this from Asus.

Update: Specs.
- OS Windows 10 64bit
- CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- GPU Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
- RAM Corsair LPX 3000mhz DDR4 (v5.39 / CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
- Board ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
- PSU Seasonic Focus Gold+ 550w

I was able to boot properly, but none of the monitoring apps work.

raven77uk
Level 10
Surprised asus have not pulled this bios yet.

raven77uk wrote:
Surprised asus have not pulled this bios yet.

It's still out there today. Curious if anyone on these boards has had a successful upgrade........