cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtu MVP not working

jleon088
Level 8
Hi ROG forums,

I own a Maximus V Formula that came with Virtu MVP, as well as 2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW graphics cards. Since build time a couple of months ago, I have not been able to get Virtu MVP to work. Currently, everytime I enter into a 3D application that uses Virtu, it persistently flickers and/or won't start (Guild Wars 2, StarCraft II, 3DMark 11, etc.). The latest version is currently installed, and I am running the most up-to-date NVIDIA drivers (306.23 WHQL). Before loading Virtu MVP onto my computer, I enabled iGPU multi-monitor support in the UEFI.

Before my last Windows install, I was having trouble installing Virtu MVP. Asus support referred me to the manual, and stated it will only work on a NVIDIA GTX 400-500 or AMD Radeon 5000-6000 series card (last generation). Has anyone gotten Virtu MVP to work with a NVIDIA 600 series card? Any other advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With regards,

jleon088

Intel i7-3770K
Asus Maximus V Formula
GeIL Evo Veloce 4x4GB
2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW
Seasonic Platinum 1000W
Corsair 650D case; Corsair H100 cooler
2x Crucial M4 128GB; WD Caviar Black 1TB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
10 REPLIES 10

bikeman
Level 7

bikeman@ASUS wrote:
Have tried the lucid official version of it?
http://www.lucidlogix.com/download/VirtuMVP2-1-115a-23214_Setup_64Bit.exe

Hi bikeman,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, that is my currently installed control panel.

jleon088

Nackers
Level 15
Hi mate, as far as I know Virtu won't work with SLI or Xfire..

Nackers wrote:

Hi Nackers,

That is a good thought I haven't considered. I will try disabling SLI in my control panel and see if I get the same results. I will post back soon.

jleon088

Nackers wrote:

Hi Nackers,

That is a good thought I haven't considered. I will try disabling SLI in my control panel and see if I get the same results. I will post back soon.

jleon088

Nackers
Level 15
You may have to remove the second card all together to get it to work, I've done a bit of testing with Xfire using 3dmark11 and cinebench, with cinebench I was getting 72-76fps with one card and virtu and in Xfire I getting 80-84fps,, 3dmark it's about 150-200 points between xfire and virtu,, I also found that virtu slows down boot times more than xfire does by 10s or so..

jleon088
Level 8
Thanks Nackers,

That is excellent information I can use!

I just had a really unexpected result. I disabled SLI (did not remove card) and rebooted. Afterward, I noticed that Virtu MVP disappeared from my notification area altogether. I tried running it with no luck. I then tried running GW2 twice, crashing. Upon another reboot, I received NVIDIA control panel errors from Windows.

That was an extremely scary experience, because I recently went through an RMA process because of crashing and driver errors. Lol =|

I lastly tried reinstalling Virtu MVP with the same results.

I may try removing my second card, but at the moment am unwilling to because of my aforementioned experience. Again, I appreciate the info Nackers and imagine that I am better off without Virtu MVP.

Comments from anyone else trying to run it in SLI or XFire would be great.

Yer get rid of it all together, and just run your SLI, You might have to go into bios and disable the iGPU multi monitor under system agent config-graphic's config and set your primary display to PCIE

I have seen a few post about this, it's not just you mate. Here's one link. For more just do a search for virtu mvp

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22710-Help-with-Lucid-Virtu-!&highlight=virtu

Nackers
Level 15
Yer get rid of it all together, and just run your SLI, You might have to go into bios and disable the iGPU multi monitor under system agent config-graphic's config and set your primary display to PCIE

I have seen a few post about this, it's not just you mate, I'll hunt down a couple and send you a couple links