cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VII Hero, memory issue?

psychoman
Level 7
I decided it was time to upgrade my cpu and motherboard so I purchased an intel 4790K and an VII Hero which needless to say has left me skint, everything went smooth, I rebuilt my rig and it was all nice and looked the part, until I turned it on, my 4x4gb Kingston HyperxBeast 2400mhz ram wouldnt even let the pc post, so I did what I would usually do and installed one ram stick into the A2 Dimm, and my PC posted, I reinstalled windows and I was good to go other than the ram, so I tested each ram stick individually and they all worked (A2 Dimm) so I put 2 sticks in (A2 & B2 Dimm) and my system booted and everything was fine, so I turned the PC off and installed the last 2 RAM sticks (A1 & B1) all I got was Q-Code 55, so I tried only using A1 & B1 and that also came back with Q-Code 55, so my queston is what could be wrong? I very much doubt its my motherboard due to the fact Everything is working perfectly (Other than this)
Im sorry if this question wastes your time but I have been trying to solve this problem since Tuesday and I am really at my witts end, any help is appreciated, And finally Thank you fellow Gamers 😄
Intel i7-4790K, VII Hero, 2xGTX 760, H80i, 8gb Kingston HYPER x BEAST 2400mhz, 2x120gb SSD,
2TB HDD, ROG Front Base, Zalman z11 Plus, and im the unfortunate owner of an alienware 14 :'(
10 REPLIES 10

Ratkay wrote:
Hope it all goes well in the future so it doesn't mess with your installations and stuff! Did you run the memtest on your sticks? 🙂

thank you 🙂 and same here, hope everything is smooth sailing from now on 🙂 and yeah I ran the memtest and everything was fine 🙂 thanks 😛
Intel i7-4790K, VII Hero, 2xGTX 760, H80i, 8gb Kingston HYPER x BEAST 2400mhz, 2x120gb SSD,
2TB HDD, ROG Front Base, Zalman z11 Plus, and im the unfortunate owner of an alienware 14 :'(