Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI impact cold boot problem

Shawnvfx
Level 7
Hi, I have a maximus VI impact

cpu - 4770k
memory - Gskill ripjaws X F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL (16gb 1866 DDR 3)
Asus GTX 770 direct

CPU cooler H220 from swiftech

the problem Im facing is

when im trying to boot

first time the system boot up and shut down itself in 2 sec

and it reboots itself, this time it goes all the way to a code "A2", and the monitor sense the HDMI signal but the screen is black. (sometimes I get code "62" too)

I have to press the little black button beside the Start button to reboot the system, and this time it goes all the way to windows.

does anyone know whats the problem of this ?

besides, the seond RED lights beside the RAM is lid when system not boot, I checked the manual it says its RAM fault.

but I can still get into windows using that small Black button, and the system is perfectly fine

just everytime When I cold boot, the problem will occur. Ive tried to let the power on and system do idle in windows for 3 days, and with some stress test the system is no problem!

why ?
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have your system OC at all?

What frequency are you running your memory at?

What PC screen are you using?

And how are you connecting to that PC screen?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

no OC at all

no tweak at all

connecting my screen through HDMI from GTX 770

same result if I connect from the MB.

same result if I remove the graphic card using onboard graphic.

no matter what I do, cold boot just dont work

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK when was the last time your flashed the bios and how did you do the bios flash?

I strongly suggest that you download the latest bios and extract the bios file to the root directory of a fat formatted USB stick.

Then use the EZflash2 utility in the tools menu of the bios to flash your system.

Do not use the OS please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

yes, I did that in the BIOS menu (loaded it on a USB stick and flashed in the BIOS menu)

now the BIOS is 404 (latest on ASUS web)

still the same problem

but I couldnt find my RAM in the support lists (its Gskill 1866 ddr3, 2X8GB, should not be any problem right? and the OS works fine)

just the cold boot, very very weird.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If the XMP profile is an older profile then you will have to set the memory manually.

You can do that quite easily.

Right now please follow the guide in my sig and run the memtest86+ to determine if it is indeed your memory causing the problem. Start at defaults please.