cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 Internal USB3_78 Connector Issue

roadczar
Level 11
Edit 1/26/2012: Root cause found see below:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?9084-Rampage-IV-Extreme-00-Code-After-Shut-Down&p=60927#pos...

----------------
Is anyone using both internal USB 3.0 20 pin headers? I’m using Bitfenix USB 3.0 front panel with 4 USB 3.0 ports. The two ports that are connected to the USB3_56 port one next to the 24 pin motherboard connector works without issues. The two ports that are connected to USB3_78 (next to USB 2.0 connectors) do not work. Either set works when connected to the USB3_56, so it is not a front panel issue.
I tested this on two separate Rampage IV boards with the same results. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Im my case the bottom two 3.0 USB ports (next to the sound ports) on the back of the motherboard do not work as well.

This is the USB 3.0 connector I am having problem with:

There should be four USB controllers detected, mine only shows two.

17 REPLIES 17

LiveOrDie wrote:
That would be right because they run off a 2nd chip i would say do you have USB3 enabled in the bios? I would start a RMA if they dont work.

This is my second (RMA) board. At this point I'm suspecting a batch of bad motherboards was sent to Newegg.

My issues to date on two separate boards:
Cold boot Code 00
Bluetooth not recognized (even after reseating it is sporadic)
USB 3.0 controllers

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I would seem so I've had no such problems with my board i have no idea how to read what batch it is from?

Just tried the new Asmedia 1.14.3.0 USB driver - did not help.

Can someone from Asus comment on this?

roadczar wrote:
Just tried the new Asmedia 1.14.3.0 USB driver - did not help.

Can someone from Asus comment on this?

Please contact the ASUS customer support guy at NewEgg directly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Drivers wont matter if you not seeing the controller in device manager.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Drivers wont matter if you not seeing the controller in device manager.

At this point I am just trying anything I can think off.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
try resetting your bios or try your 2nd bios it more related to hardware/bios than software/drivers.

BIOS was already reset multiple times. I did try to switch to the BIOS 2 using the button on the motherboard which did not work. ThenI tried force it through bios. Now post is stuck updating irog-1 at the rate of 1% every 5 minutes! I'M very close of demanding a refund. Extremely frustrated at qa these boards are going through if any.