cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help - System Crash On Overclocking

Retired
Not applicable
I don't know what forum to post in - please move to appropriate one.

I have an Asus P8P67 Pro B3 motherboard. I have never overclocked before. I decided to try it for the first time by using the AI suite "Auto overclocking" feature. It had 2 options, fast and extreme. I clicked "fast".

It told me the system would restart a few times and to ignore the error messages. I clicked proceed.

Upon restarting - the system went into startup repair and I just went along with it. After startup repair was done - it said to click finish. I did. The system shut off.... So I turned the system back on and it was in a startup repair loop for a good 40 minutes.

I went back into bios and pressed F5 to load optimized defaults. Saved and restarted. The system is still in a startup loop. I cannot do anything except enter the bios.

As soon as the Asus bios screen goes away, it says "Loading windows files" and take me to startup repair - where I can either wait it out and shut down the system - or click cancel and restart again....

HELP!
5 REPLIES 5

Ferosin
Level 9
Are you running hard drives in raid array?

If you have multiple hds make sure that your os drive is still set as the boot drive in the bios

Retired
Not applicable
Ferosin wrote:
Are you running hard drives in raid array?

If you have multiple hds make sure that your os drive is still set as the boot drive in the bios

Just one hard drive. No raid.

Retired
Not applicable
Nothing. Continues to "load windows files" after passing the asus bios logo screen. I have cleared the cmos, moved the spacer, put battery back in, set bios to defaults, etc..

Loading from the windows disk - on repair it says no errors found. Loading from hard drive it goes back to startup repair and says cannot fix it automatically.

It is showing:

StartupRepairOffline
Autofailover
CorruptFIle

I don't know what else I am supposed to do 😞

Ferosin
Level 9
Check your bios to ensure that the sata ports are set to the same mode as when you first installed your OS either ide/ahci/raid

If it is then boot from the windows CD and try running the repair from there

Ferosin
Level 9
Have you tried running a command prompt from the repair utility you can run diskpart and set the partition as active, then try letting the repair utility run from the HD it may have to run up to 3 or 4 times after you set the partition to active

For example: In command prompt type diskpart, then select the partition where the os is installed

The commands would look like: list disk > select disk 1 > list partition > select partition 1 > active > exit
Just make sure you select the correct partition

Diskpart commands http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766465(WS.10).aspx

The quick option is to reinstall windows but you could lose all of your files.