cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Windows and BIOS or not? [HELP]

MrFriendism
Level 7
Hello, I have a PC with the following Specs but I want to know if I should take some necessary steps:

CPU: Intel 4790K (I don't overcloak)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero 7 (Bios: 2702)

RAM: Corsair 16 GB (8X2)

Cooler: H100i Corsair

PSU: Corsair RM650

GPU: GTX 970 4 GB ASUS OC Edition

SSD: 2 X Samsung 250 GB

HDD: 1 TB WD Blue

Currently, I have Windows 8.1 Pro (Licensed) installed on my PC with the BIOS Version of 2702.

Do you recommend me to upgrade my PC to the Windows 10 Pro?

If yes, What BIOS do you recommend?

Is there any need of upgrading the ME Drivers (Intel)?

Please help me with all these so that I have the stable system for years.

AIM: I don't want errors and instability. I like ROBUST Stability.

If I want to install Windows 10, am I required to update the Bios or my current version is fine for it?

My Work: Chrome, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Media Encoder (All of them latest 2018)

Let me know your best advice.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If you have a stable system that does all you need it to at the moment then I wouldn't "update" anything...particularly not BIOS...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
If you have a stable system that does all you need it to at the moment then I wouldn't "update" anything...particularly not BIOS...

I wish to update myself from Windows 8.1 to WIndows 10. I don't know, What I should do with that regards?

Zorro4144
Level 7
MrFriendism wrote:
Hello, I have a PC with the following Specs but I want to know if I should take some necessary steps:

CPU: Intel 4790K (I don't overcloak)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero 7 (Bios: 2702)

RAM: Corsair 16 GB (8X2)

Cooler: H100i Corsair

PSU: Corsair RM650

GPU: GTX 970 4 GB ASUS OC Edition

SSD: 2 X Samsung 250 GB

HDD: 1 TB WD Blue

Currently, I have Windows 8.1 Pro (Licensed) installed on my PC with the BIOS Version of 2702.

Do you recommend me to upgrade my PC to the Windows 10 Pro?

If yes, What BIOS do you recommend?

Is there any need of upgrading the ME Drivers (Intel)?

Please help me with all these so that I have the stable system for years.

AIM: I don't want errors and instability. I like ROBUST Stability.

If I want to install Windows 10, am I required to update the Bios or my current version is fine for it?

My Work: Chrome, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Media Encoder (All of them latest 2018)

Let me know your best advice.

Thanks.

Yesterday I updated my bios on an asus rog strix b350-i. I did use ezUpdate and followed.... Just after restart I got two beeps and the memory LED is red.....but my memory works fine on my gigabyte b350. Tried two other memory sticks which both work perfectly on the gigabyte board but on my asus just two bieps and post error. Asus service says I have to bring my board to the service point..... Never happened to me with asus which I now use for ...like 25 years or more....

Yesterday I would have said to update the bios ...today I say better NOT.*