cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update BIOS from Internet is borked?

fronzel
Level 9
Was trying the "Update BIOS from Internet" option in AI Suite 2

No matter which server i choose, it says "Connecting to server, please wait" and after a while it returns "NO proper BIOS image files on the server!"

I manually downloaded the 0804 bios for my MVF, and that worked just fine.

So is the update from internet feature broken or is it working for anyone else?
ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengance 4x4GB 1600

ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP | Seasonic X-760 Gold | Lian Li PC70

Samsung 830 256GB | WD Green 3TB | Dell U2711 | Win7 64
6 REPLIES 6

rexbinary
Level 8
It's never worked for me either. I get the same error no matter the server I pick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

SUKARA
Level 10
Proposed by downloading the BIOS file and to update bios form bios file, because this the way the to avoid network problems, or other (EX: anti-virus software)cause the update to fail

HiVizMan
Level 40
I strongly urge users never to use the OS application to update bios.

If at all possible download the bios file from your product support page and use the EZFlash2 utility that is located in the BIOS tools. You will need a Fat formatted USB stick but it is really so much safer (and all bios flashing has an element of risk) than using OS to flash your bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fronzel
Level 9
Alright then, I'll update from the UEFI next time. Or maybe try that BIOS flashback option even.

Even so, as I understand this, the update via internet feature does not work.
Even if it did work, it is not advisable to use it?

Then why is that feature even included in the software?
ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengance 4x4GB 1600

ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP | Seasonic X-760 Gold | Lian Li PC70

Samsung 830 256GB | WD Green 3TB | Dell U2711 | Win7 64

8_Pack
Level 12
Just use EZ Flash mate its the easiest way to do it.

Remember to default your system (F5 in bios) before and after flashing.

HiVizMan
Level 40
As to why is it included in the software simple, because some users insist on using it. And I guess because all the motherboard vendors have that as an option. I personally would like to see it removed as an option.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.