cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable System and BSOD 0x50

Valk
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum so let me introduce my self, the name is Ithar and am actually struggling with my new system (1 week old) :

Rampage IV Extreme motherboard. (Current bios version 1404)
i7 3820 .
16 GBs Corsair XMS3.
AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC edition.
OCZ ZS-750W psu.
2TB Western Digital 6GB/s HDD.
and a Corsair h80 cooling unit.

Am actually running on a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with sp1, and here is the list of problems that i have encountered:

1) System crashes randomly sometimes with a BSOD 0x50, or it just freezes with a black screen until i reset it manually.

2) After a crash it refuses to boot being stuck at a b2 debug code unless i restart it multiple times and then it shows me the message (Overclock failed) thought am running at the optimized default values except for the XMP mode.

3) Every time i run a stress test with Intel burn test, prime95 or Fur Mark it goes BSOD after a minute or so, and now ( witch is new after installing the 12.7 beta driver) after i run a game at full specs the same thing happens, even after returning to my original 12.4 the problem persists.

So if anyone can help me with this i would be really grateful, since I've spent all my savings into this and all i get is a total disappointment :'( .
23 REPLIES 23

HiVizMan
Level 40
Would you please detail your DDR3 ram part number, and please inform us if your system is running at default and that includes the ram.

The BCCode 50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

Resolving the Problem - run a disc check for your hard drive, run memtest86+ to do a diagnostic of your RAM.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

8_Pack
Level 12
I would focus initially on RAM with this one mate. As Hiviz says this fault is often RAM related and the fact that on reboot you are experiencing b2 which is a memory training code indicates this evan more to me.

Is your RAM a quad channel kit?? Use XMP set rampage tweak mode 1 and the DRAM voltage and go from that.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Good guide to BSOD error codes: http://www.overclock.net/t/935829/the-overclockers-bsod-code-list

You can see a few suggestions...raise VDIMM or VCCSA/VTT check timings are set right.....

🙂

Hello again everyone,

Thanks for your answers and sorry i didn't reply sooner but it took me some time to run all the tests.

First of all my RAM is a Corsair XM3 CMX16GX3M4A1600C9 4x4GBs.

After running a chkdsk it came up clean so no problems at this end, same thing for the memtest86+ with the default bios params (F5), i've run it two by two and then all four DIMMs, so no hardware problems.
I guess that means that I have a problem with the timings/voltages, if so, can anyone give me the correct settings for my specific RAM? Because truth be told am no hardware expert only a software geek :s.
Currently running on a 9,9,9,24 1.5 v (stock values) do i need to change it ?

Ah and one more thing I did some random tweaking (if you dare calling it that :p) after pulling one of the DIMMs the C1, curruntly i have 3 DIMMs at the A1,B1,D1 i've noticed some stability improvement, 5 hours on prime95 with no problems so far, but the debug code changed from AA to 80, is this even relevant or just a random thing?

Zka17
Level 16
Valk, that Corsair kit is not intended to be used in the RIVE board... that kit is "for dual channel DDR3 Intel and AMD processors", the RIVE is a quad channel platform - and in the same time, really picky with the memories... Not saying that it's absolutely impossible to make it work, but definitely would save you a lot of headache if you would go with a right memory kit...

Thank you Zka17 for your reply, but as i said before I've spent all my savings on this, so a i'll have to do with a lot of headache for now ^^.
But it seems that i have this problem under control, after increasing the timings to 10,10,10,25 as opposed to 9,9,9,24 I've being running prime95 for 6 hours now, but i wouldn't call it a victory yet since the last time i said that (previous post) it crashed 10 minutes after :s so if you have more advice on making this RAM more stable it would be great, and i hope this serves me as a lesson to do a little bit of research before buying things randomly :s.

Zka17
Level 16
OK, if it runs prime95 it's already a half victory! 🙂 Have you used Memtest86+ before? that would make you sure that your RAM settings are fine...

As prime95 stresses mainly the CPU and RAM, it may not be the best test for everyday use... Could you try AIDA64, or some of the 3DMark benchmarks? That way you could be more sure of your system's stability... - but the final test will be when you will start using it for what you built it for... Just keep your eye on temps while you're stressing the system...

Thank you guys for your support, i didn't want to rush this so I've spent the last two days testing with all kind of benchmarks, stress tests, and no crash so far, so it seems that my system is now fully stable (i hope so ! 🙂 ).

More important, I've being rendering videos with after effects at full HD and no problem so far so i would safely assume that this is it ^^. thanks again.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you have done is show that the ram is stable at default.

I would also suggest taking one stick and running memtest on each of the DDR3 slots of your motherboard to determine if your board is the root of the problem.

Also what frequency is your DDR3 ram running at? Have you enable xmp profile and run memtest with that enabled?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.