Thank you for modifying these BIOSes.
I still have several machines with R2E and R3E running strong still today. Excellent boards BTW.
I just found this page looking for a way to mitigate for Spectre.
I also want to be able to do RAID 0 with trim and use a Xeon W3690 (I have a modified R3E BIOS that allow me to do that already but without the Spectre patch)
So I would be very grateful if you could answer these questions with regards to the modified BIOS files (you linked to above) for Rampage II Extreme and Rampage III Extreme. Do the R2E and R3E BIOS files you linked:
1. support large SSDs and HDs - like 4 TB ?
2. support RAID 0 SSDs with TRIM? I assume yes
3. support the Xeon W3690, W3680 CPUs. I know the official ASUS R2E BIOS 2101 support the Core i7 990X and 980X, but ASUS does not list the Xeons as supported like they do with R3E.
4. If these modified BIOS files support the Xeon W3690, do the BIOSes allow OCing like the original BIOS do for 980X, 990X, i.e. are they unlocked?
5. What is the Intel RAID ROM version inside modified BIOS files? I assume: v126.96.36.1991
6. Want Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver do you recommend version ? I assume v188.8.131.521 since you link to that above.
Thank you in advance for your answers!