cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbalanced sound on vi Hero with Windows 10 and 2.1 speakers.

Borgvar
Level 7
Hi.

Ive noticed that in WIndows 10 the right speaker has a lower output than the left when using a 2.1 Speaker.

It worked fine on all other Windows versions.

Its Corsair SP2500 speakers.

If i use the generic WIndows driver it works but then it reqognizes the system as a 7.1 system and the audio enhancing isnt there so i
cant use the built in Equalizer.

The latest Realtek driver and the Driver from Asus has the output problem.
I can adjust the balance with these drivers but the output is significantly lower so this affects the sound.
And the sound is supposed to be these cards strong point with the FX module.

Anyone who knows how to fix it?
22 REPLIES 22

Jollydet
Level 8
the latest realtek drivers from asus and in the packages have always had audio bias issues when using 2.1 speakers or headphones with the left speaker being slightly louder, i am on a rampage black iv but also have a hero which has the same issue, today i have finally found a fix, in "enhancements" in speaker properties, tick disable all sound effects, try it and and listen to the difference 🙂

i can confirm this fix works on the 7599 driver

Jollydet wrote:
the latest realtek drivers from asus and in the packages have always had audio bias issues when using 2.1 speakers or headphones with the left speaker being slightly louder, i am on a rampage black iv but also have a hero which has the same issue, today i have finally found a fix, in "enhancements" in speaker properties, tick disable all sound effects, try it and and listen to the difference 🙂

i can confirm this fix works on the 7599 driver

this thread might be old, i figured a workaround for this issue. This has been nightmare to me since I upgraded to windows 10. Been uninstalling reinstalling driver for 20+ times, tweaking around, setting sampling rate etc etc..

The quick hack I'm now using room auto correct, set it to 5.1 mode and then -db or +db or the channel to balance out your speakers...

Jollydet wrote:
i have finally found a fix, in "enhancements" in speaker properties, tick disable all sound effects, try it and and listen to the difference 🙂

This doesn't work because for me DTS Connect is listed as enhancement.

motorhead wrote:

1. I used Playback devices temporarily configure as another channel output like 7.1 or quad channel. (this is key).

This doesn't work because "Configure" is greyed out on my Realtek Digital Output(Optical)

I currently have the following issues:
- microphone volume too low in most applications
- Front Left speaker louder than the other speakers

With this setup:
Win10 Pro 1511
Asus Maximus Hero VI
Optical connection to receiver
Optical Audio Device set to use DTS Connect 5.1

I tried the both drivers currently available from Asus (Version 6.0.1.7525 and Version 6.0.1.7829) and several directly from Realtek. I also tried the generic Win10 driver.
Results:
- Asus Drivers have the above mentioned problems.
- Realtek Drivers don't seem work at all and the Audio management freezes.
- Generic Win10 driver doesn't have the above mentioned problems, but DTS Connect doesn't show up as default format, so no surround sound.

I don't want to fiddle around with Preview Builds of Win10 and I don't want to use registry hacks that disable Netflix and Amazon Prime playback.
So is buying a simple soundcard like an Asus Xonar DSX going to fix this? I'd still be using Win10 and the optical connection, but the Xonar is using a different chip with different drivers.