cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbalanced sound on vi Hero with Windows 10 and 2.1 speakers.

Borgvar
Level 7
Hi.

Ive noticed that in WIndows 10 the right speaker has a lower output than the left when using a 2.1 Speaker.

It worked fine on all other Windows versions.

Its Corsair SP2500 speakers.

If i use the generic WIndows driver it works but then it reqognizes the system as a 7.1 system and the audio enhancing isnt there so i
cant use the built in Equalizer.

The latest Realtek driver and the Driver from Asus has the output problem.
I can adjust the balance with these drivers but the output is significantly lower so this affects the sound.
And the sound is supposed to be these cards strong point with the FX module.

Anyone who knows how to fix it?
522 Views
22 REPLIES 22

Andrij wrote:
I decided to balance the sound problem. Remove the registry branch "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nahimic" and reinstall the driver Realtek HD.


Um..... so i delete Nahimic and reinstall the driver which simply puts back Nihimic and the problem remains. What am i missing?

rpsabqq wrote:
Um..... so i delete Nahimic and reinstall the driver which simply puts back Nihimic and the problem remains. What am i missing?

The original problem (at least for me) was that there were leftovers in the registry from an older driver version. When you actually delete the key you are starting from a blank slate, the new drivers will only install what's needed.
In other words, the fix is to remove old leftovers in the registry before installing a new driver, it could be because the installer doesn't clear out any old keys from the registry, and you are left with possibly unused keys that mess up your settings.
That solution worked for me, and I preferred it to the other proposal because I can still use the sound enhancements as usual.
Of course we all have different HW/SW setup so the same solution may not work for everyone but it's worth trying.
Hope it works for you too 🙂

rpsabqq wrote:
Um..... so i delete Nahimic and reinstall the driver which simply puts back Nihimic and the problem remains. What am i missing?


Sorry for reviving a really old thread but I've found a solution to fix this problem that's been bugging me for years now and I hope it would help others too.

I'm using an Asus ROG Maximus VI Formula and I'm also facing this issue where deleting Nahimic and reinstalling the audio drivers from Asus just revived the problem.
What I did:
-first remove the registry branch "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nahimic" as suggested from another user in this thread
-then download and install the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers from Realtek's website (Specifically version R2.82 for Windows 10) instead of the one from Asus's website.
-At this point your left and right audio should be perfectly balanced, as all things should be. But now you're missing Asus's sound control panel where you have more audio configurations like amplification levels, DTS etc. If you want that just install Asus's audio drivers again and you should be done.
-Now you have balanced left and right audio WITHOUT disabling sound effects AND have Asus's audio control

tldr
1. Remove Nahimic from registry
2. Install Realtek audio drivers from Realtek's website (Specifically version R2.82 for Windows 10)
3. Install Asus audio drivers from Asus's website for Asus audio controls
4. Profit

Stupidest wrote:
Sorry for reviving a really old thread but I've found a solution to fix this problem that's been bugging me for years now and I hope it would help others too.

I'm using an Asus ROG Maximus VI Formula and I'm also facing this issue where deleting Nahimic and reinstalling the audio drivers from Asus just revived the problem.
What I did:
-first remove the registry branch "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nahimic" as suggested from another user in this thread
-then download and install the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers from Realtek's website (Specifically version R2.82 for Windows 10) instead of the one from Asus's website.
-At this point your left and right audio should be perfectly balanced, as all things should be. But now you're missing Asus's sound control panel where you have more audio configurations like amplification levels, DTS etc. If you want that just install Asus's audio drivers again and you should be done.
-Now you have balanced left and right audio WITHOUT disabling sound effects AND have Asus's audio control

tldr
1. Remove Nahimic from registry
2. Install Realtek audio drivers from Realtek's website (Specifically version R2.82 for Windows 10)
3. Install Asus audio drivers from Asus's website for Asus audio controls
4. Profit


How this is still happen in 2020?? i'm having this problem and still can fix it!! All because my 5.1 system died and have to switch to 2.1!!!
Even with you method i can get it to work -.-
Did you uninstall realtek drivers first or something?

Thanks!

RicardoSimoes wrote:
How this is still happen in 2020?? i'm having this problem and still can fix it!! All because my 5.1 system died and have to switch to 2.1!!!
Even with you method i can get it to work -.-
Did you uninstall realtek drivers first or something?

Thanks!


Sorry for the late reply. I literally opened an account here just to post this.

Yes, best to start over from scratch. Uninstall the audio drivers first. Then you remove the registry branch.

RicardoSimoes wrote:
How this is still happen in 2020?? i'm having this problem and still can fix it!! All because my 5.1 system died and have to switch to 2.1!!!
Even with you method i can get it to work -.-
Did you uninstall realtek drivers first or something?

Thanks!


Damn, that's gonna be some necro bump.

It still happens in 2022. It's a recurrent issue with the new Realtek UAD drivers. I have a Crosshair VII, Asus updated the audio drivers with theses, which is the new driver type/format with an UWP control panel, first install went well and both channels left/right were balanced correctly. I had to reinstall the drivers because of the A-volute crap, and bam; Left channel a lot quieter than the right. Reinstall using the Realtek installer instead of the one provided by the Asus. Same issue, one channel a lot quieter than the other. Uninstall+DDU, I install the customs drivers provided in [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx), still unbalanced left and right. I was about to remove the drivers when I decided to check the Sound config panel in the control panel, clicked on/off on exclusive mode check boxes and every restore defaults button I found, and the left and right channel decided to equalize themselves. I've never had any issue with unbalanced channels with the old HDA drivers.

neotokyo wrote:
Damn, that's gonna be some necro bump.

It still happens in 2022. It's a recurrent issue with the new Realtek UAD drivers. I have a Crosshair VII, Asus updated the audio drivers with theses, which is the new driver type/format with an UWP control panel, first install went well and both channels left/right were balanced correctly. I had to reinstall the drivers because of the A-volute crap, and bam; Left channel a lot quieter than the right. Reinstall using the Realtek installer instead of the one provided by the Asus. Same issue, one channel a lot quieter than the other. Uninstall+DDU, I install the customs drivers provided in [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx), still unbalanced left and right. I was about to remove the drivers when I decided to check the Sound config panel in the control panel, clicked on/off on exclusive mode check boxes and every restore defaults button I found, and the left and right channel decided to equalize themselves. I've never had any issue with unbalanced channels with the old HDA drivers.


2023 necro bump. This issue is still happening to me. Removed Nahmic drivers, rebooted, no change. Disabled all Enhancement settings, no change. Help?

mysticode wrote:
2023 necro bump. This issue is still happening to me. Removed Nahmic drivers, rebooted, no change. Disabled all Enhancement settings, no change. Help?


Same issue here Im hopeless please help me, I got the arctis pro + gamedac but also tried any other earphones and headphones I had in the house to confirm that it isnt just a damaged headset,

motorhead wrote:
I encountered a similar problem with updated drivers. My main test was using youtube in chrome.
Now this is a not an ideal fix but it will correct the balance problem with the correct audio configuration.
If this consistently work, there is likely something wrong with the special effects that needs to be fixed.
Hopefully it works for others.
1. I used Playback devices temporarily configure as another channel output like 7.1 or quad channel. (this is key).
2. Went into the properties of the selected audio device.
3. Go to the enhancements tab and Check Disable all sound effects. (None of them were checked in the first place)
4. Ok all the way out.
5. Set it back to the correct channel/speaker configuration for your setup.
6. Depending on what you may be testing with... you may need to refresh, relaunch or reboot to then check the result properly.


What a BOSS! Worked perfect. Thank you!

motorhead wrote:
I encountered a similar problem with updated drivers. My main test was using youtube in chrome.
Now this is a not an ideal fix but it will correct the balance problem with the correct audio configuration.
If this consistently work, there is likely something wrong with the special effects that needs to be fixed.
Hopefully it works for others.
1. I used Playback devices temporarily configure as another channel output like 7.1 or quad channel. (this is key).
2. Went into the properties of the selected audio device.
3. Go to the enhancements tab and Check Disable all sound effects. (None of them were checked in the first place)
4. Ok all the way out.
5. Set it back to the correct channel/speaker configuration for your setup.
6. Depending on what you may be testing with... you may need to refresh, relaunch or reboot to then check the result properly.


I have a Asus Maximus Formula Vi, and had to reinstall windows . I thought it was just me and i was going crazy that the audio was louder in the left side. I went on a rampage downloading different reltek audio driver but kept getting the same out come. Then i found this thread and it changed my life forever !! Thank You so much!