Did you mean: 

tweaking settings using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I like this program as things can be done on the fly while
you are watching all of the other settings about the
cpu and gpu and I was wondering if there were
other programs like this that are more involved
and can help me to change other things ?

At 100% cpu usage, Im not happy that my
temps are above 70C

****** EDIT *******

I also can not get rid of my tool bar, its suppose to auto hide ????

Thanks for any advice or help with this.
16 REPLIES 16

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Thank You Chino for that info about adaptive and it adding voltage.
I have played around and decided that Im not going to worry about prime95 anymore. Im able to pass Aida64 and Im fine with the Intel Burn Test, so 2 out of 3 aint bad, according to MeatLoaf.

I like the turbo core V program and got rid of the Intel tuning utility one.
So while my temps may hit 80 with 100 % cpu usage,
its only for a tiny bit of time here and there and they mostly stay in the 60's so Im happy that while
playing a game, the temps will
be fine.

Thank you all so much for the help and advice, I appreciate it very much !!!!

Retired
Not applicable
XTU Benchmark>

Disable speedstep
Tweak memory
CPU OC/Cache OC/Memory OC
manual voltages
No power saving options
And keep max load temp below 85c in XTU, above 85c stability is going downhill fast anyway

Cooling is the main ingredient, for scoring high in XTU, along with a well tweaked system..

Its basically the same as for ROG realbench in bios, both benchmarks are very demanding when it comes to system stability at a high OC

erix_jansen
Level 7
Just as a General Note about Intels Xtreme Tuning when having a Maximus 7 mobo:

1) you might have installed AI Suite 3 with 5 Way Optimitazion: it conflicts with Intels utility, and even if you uninstall XTU, 5WO still does not work. I had to use Restore Points. (XTU installs a different Intel Watchdog and it's uninstall hangs forevever...)

2) XTU is not offered by Asus for Maximus 7 (Gene here), Intel also does not offer it (all the links to Intels site I tried were dead and no XTU in Intels own Download Center). So I had to download it from Guru3D without garantees of fitness for my board)

Retired
Not applicable
Windows firewall need to be enabled, or XTU wont launch, or can be successfully removed (system will hang)

I havent experienced any problems, running the app on Gene 7. I have downloaded it from Intel yesterday

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=xtu

Gene 7>

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4989.513MHz - 1266 XTU marks on HWBOT

WhitePaw wrote:
Windows firewall need to be enabled, or XTU wont launch, or can be successfully removed (system will hang)

I havent experienced any problems, running the app on Gene 7. I have downloaded it from Intel yesterday

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=xtu

Gene 7>

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4989.513MHz - 1266 XTU marks on HWBOT

Great mate! I always entered a "Xtreme" search, seems that Intel sticks to Shakesperian English and uses Extreme instead! LOL

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I just read the above new statements and I will go into bios and change the things mentioned.
I finally got my router port forwarded to be able to actually play the game that came with
my new VII Formula (Watch Dogs) and I could not help but notice that while playing, I
could feel a LOT of heat coming from my PC. This was last night. So just now I ran
the game with Realtemp running in the background, and it seems that my temps
are ok, but WOW.... I know the fans are blowing the heat up and out and that
whee my legs are is close to where the cabinet is that my pc is located, but
no other game does this. I can play BF4 and it does not get this hot.

I do have Precision X set up to have both of my fans going at 85% when Im above 40c

Because the screenshot of realtemp was done after I had quit the game, its not showing my
cpu at 4.7 overclock speed and I will now go into bios and make some changes.

I appreciate the help as I do not know how to fine tune things and this really helps !!

Nate152
Hiya Mike !

The heat is coming from your SLI'd GTX 680's, I can attest to that. Watchdogs must be a pretty gpu demanding game for 3 screens. Unless you have gpu temps over 85c, nothing to worry about. My 680's help heat up my gaming room in the winter time.
In the onscreen display, set gpu usage to show to for each gpu, are they maxed at 98% - 99%?

If so that explains the heat. Excellent cpu gaming temps by the way.