cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermaltake Xaser VI case with Rampage IV + rear mounted H80 liquid cooler

StarFyre
Level 7
Hello,

I'm switching plans from an H100 to an H80...(turns out, i made an error...won't easily be able to modify top of case to fit the H100)

Will try and measure it all tonight before I buy the h80, but my case has a 12 cm rear fan. That is fine. I have to do a bit of bending on some support beams to get the H80 to fit the rear due to the rad being wider than 12 cm. THis should be fine.

Now wondering; with the Asus Rampage IV Extreme. WIth all the rear ports it has, those things stick up from the rear of the motherboard (usb ports, speaker jacks, ethernet port), does anyone know if a cooler like the H80 will fit?

It's basically a 12 cm fan+rad+12 cm fan. Also, will thise interfere with the ram slots if they have the heat spreaders/extended cases on them?

•Radiator dimensions: 120mm x 152mm x 38mm
•Fan dimensions: 120mm x 120mm x 25mm

REgards,

Sanjay
7 REPLIES 7

Eustia
Level 7
Depends on the size of Ram heatskin. What ram do you have?

StarFyre
Level 7
I have this, 2 sticks...so from the manual, it says to use slots B1 and D1, thus one will need to be on that side of the mobo (otherwise i'd put both on the other side).

corsair vengeance red

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_612&item_id=044829

Regards,

Sanjay

StarFyre wrote:
I have this, 2 sticks...so from the manual, it says to use slots B1 and D1, thus one will need to be on that side of the mobo (otherwise i'd put both on the other side).

corsair vengeance red

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_612&item_id=044829

Regards,

Sanjay

If you dont use Fans on the ram, the H80 will fit

StarFyre
Level 7
Sorry, this may sound stupid. I have the option of fans for ram? never seen that before i don't think...

no, i don't have that.

will measure a bit anyways 🙂

Regards,

Sanjay

StarFyre wrote:
Sorry, this may sound stupid. I have the option of fans for ram? never seen that before i don't think...

no, i don't have that.

will measure a bit anyways 🙂

Regards,

Sanjay

hahaha, you are right, some people use fans on the ram....and someone use waterblock on the ram...... just want to make sure 🙂

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
LOL yeah I saw some fans on the RAM... although I don't know how my Phantek would fit with the R4E so I don't know why they'd recommend my Phantek designed by europe that they support LGA 1366 and other MOBO but cant believe they'd recommend to R4E when I purchased a Kingston RAM and it's small compared to Corsair Vengeance... So if I had Corsair Vengeance I'd say my Phantek wouldn't able to fit at all.. Because my Phantek Heatsink is already snuggled on top of my RAM and almost touching my EVGA graphics card LOL...

I barely would able to believe I could fit the Phantek Heatsink on my Antec Darkfleet-85 because the heatsink of the Phantek was reccomended by ASUS website it said that Phantek is compatible... Yet the RAM's outlet is next to the CPU so if I purchased anything lower then a Phantek I'd be in your position or scenario as well... LOL
The Phantek pretty much almost touch the RAM, Side Case and GPU... So I don't know what ASUS was thinking I'd say I'd need a bigger Full Tower ATX... plus both Phantek and ASUS didn't come up space with RAM cooler like a fan... or a watercooler much less...

Cos I'm impressed with todays technology even RAM has mhz or speed in it... which also can be overclocked like CPU... lol or GPU... lol

I purchased DarkFleet Antec 85 because I'm a little skeptical about watercooling... but if I purchased a 3960X I'd deffinantely want to purchase a water cooling like H100... I mean a little investment does work because if I'd purchased something that costs $1,100.00 CPU... and it's not a laptop or a whole PC... I'd deffinantely want to protect my investment especially if I choose to overclock it LOL...

Darkfleet 85 I'd say my critique for my Full ATX PC Case... I'd say it's decent... compared to other PC tower that I read a child could fit inside... while OMG that's huge... Maybe a baby could fit inside my Darkfleet 85 but a child or a toddler? That be something... unless the todler was a midget or a lephrehchan... lol
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

StarFyre
Level 7
I'm considering also picking up: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 as backup incase the H80 has issues. don't want to wait for corsair RMA.

Seems quite a few have issues with these liquid coolers failing/pump stopping etc. Just incase 🙂

It appears that new nh-d14 does not need an undermount to be installed, so should be easy to install

Sanjay