cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp sensor bug after sleep

Yannick
Level 7
Hi,

I've got a R4E with 3930K and a noctua NH-D14. My 3930K is not OCed, it runs stock at 3.8GHz, 1.2 VCore and low VCCSA 1.05 , low mem voltage 1.4V, everything is low to resume (I'm into gaming you know... no real need to OC here...).

So yesterday I did let my comp in sleep state. Then just for the sake (I developped that habbit to check temps), I open up Core Temp and to my surpirse temps are 91°C, which is exactly the value of my TjMax. Well, all cores were at 91°C, no variations (please understand, no variations, they were stuck forever @ 91°C. The computer however was running smooth.

SO I started panicking, restarted the comp to be sure it was not a bug, and... to my surpirse temps were back at 32-35°C. I did then run prime 95°C, temps were topping @ 50-55°C. Whew... then I sarted to think it might be sleep. Well... it is sleep. After getting back from sleep temps were again 91°C. No credibility.

It does the same with RealTemp and Core Temp. BIOS 1305

What's that? Does anyone get that?!

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey there!:) Just so you don't panic, I have seen people posting similar things before...I'm not sure if there's a fix....beyond not using sleep....obviously....the temps are just straight misreported. By the way if you run more than one software at a time polling the temp sensors the readings you get may well be wrong. Run just one monitor at a time.

Nodens
Level 16
Use RealTemp's sensor test, start it when idle. Never heard of a stuck sensor after sleep only so you may want to try a different UEFI. This could be a sleep issue with 1305.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Indeed i figured it might be the BIOS.
However... can I ask some of you to test themselves? Just putting it to sleep for 20 secs then restart and test out with Core Temp/RealTemp.

Thanks

Nodens
Level 16
No such issue here on 1404.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.