cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Group DDR4 @ 3733 Mhz with Z170 Deluxe compatibility

otec
Level 7
Hi

Sorry a bit off topic, as I only have ASUS Z170 Deluxe motherboard.

I'm trying to make Team Group Xtreem 2x8GB DDR4 (TXD416G3733HC18AD) memory to work on on 3733 Mhz using stored XML profile, but unable to do so. Every time PC tries to boot, it stops with q-code 55 or 32.

I'm not overclocking anything, simply loading BIOS defaults and switching on XMP profile. It sets DRAM timings and changes DRAM freq to 3733 Mhz, that's all.

DRAM voltage is set to 1.36 (Team Group say 1.35 is standard).
SA voltage is ~1.2-1.3
VCCIO voltage is ~1.05

I tried to play with voltages, up-ed DRAW to 1.36, SA to 1.35, VCCIO to 1.2 but I can't pass the POST stage.

Memory works fine on 3600Mhz. All stress tests run fine, system never hangs or anything.

It's strange, because the memory supposed to work @ 3733Mhz guaranteed.

I'm on the latest version of BIOS, which is 1302 for Deluxe motherboard.

Any advices ?
2 REPLIES 2

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Not overclocking anything? Default memory speed is 2133MHz. Anything higher is an overclock. The memory is guaranteed to function properly at the stated specs with a CPU that has an IMC capable of the needed overclock. You may need to loosen timings and fine tune voltages to bring timings in line with the capabilities of your CPU. Also keeping in mind that these memory speeds are beyond what some CPUs are capable of working at.

Nate152
Hello otec

Yeah 2133MHz is default so 3733MHz is a huge overclock, as Praz says it will be up to the cpu's integrated memory controller if it can handle it and you're going to have to tweak voltages pretty good to have any chance of getting it there.

Try the Dram voltage at 1.40v - 1.425v
vccio voltage to 1.25v-1.30v
vccsa voltage to 1.30v - 1.35v

Raising the cpu input voltage to 1.90v might help, this is not the vcore, stock voltage should be around 1.80v. In DIGI+ try setting the Dram current capability as high as it will go which is 130% on my board.

If you can't get it to go try setting it manually sometimes this will help. You can select a lower frequency and work your way up. You can try maximus tweak mode 1 and 2 at the top of the timings page. You can also try with 8GB.

I'd like to see you hit that speed. 🙂