Intel 3770k not over clocked
Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
16GB Dominator Platinum
Asus GeForce GTX 680 2GB
2 Samsung SSD 830 series raid 0 -- latest firmware on both
Samsung Blu-Ray Burner
4tb Thunderbolt Drive

all drivers are the newest for every thing

BIOS 1 - MAXIMUS V EXTREME BIOS 1408 after flashing from MAXIMUS V EXTREME BIOS 0257
BIOS 2 - MAXIMUS V EXTREME BIOS 0257 Stock

So when I'm on BIOS 1 Windows 7 and 8 both have random freezing/rebooting. but on BIOS 2 runs perfect and ideas why this is happening.

I have re-flashed 1408 and always shows no errors.
2 REPLIES 2

PlaneName
Level 10
Do you know the error of the BSOD?

It will defiantly help to know the what error it was, and we will find the solution much easier. I recommend using "BlueScreenView" which will give a record of the BSOD issues and it will tell what files are causing it:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

When the BSOD appears make sure it finishes the mini dump file, so it can be recorded on the application. When you downloaded the application and installed it, wait for the BSOD to appear again. After that, when the BSOD restarted your PC, double click the application and you should see the dump file and it will show you which system files is affected in red-highlighted.

Post it here, and I will try to help and solve the issue, then we might go to the Windows 7 forums and find the solution there.

Hope this helps.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
For me the simple solution is stay on the bios that works. My M5E is still on 0257 too 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.