cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX III Sound Blaster Software

hax0rmort
Level 11
In a ROG article it mentions loading the SupremeFX III software from Sound Blaster located on the CVF-Z disc. There is no such software on my disc or the download site as there was with the CVF original. What gives? I just got a 5.1 system and i'm ITCHING to experiment. WHERE is this software? 😞
-hax0rmort

MOBO - ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-9370
RAM - AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400 MHz
SSD1 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Boot
SSD2 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Game
GPU1 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
GPU2 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
COOLER - Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler
PSU - Corsair RM Series 1000W Gold PSU
AUDIO - Creative Sound Blaster Z
CASE - NZXT H440 Red/Black
KEYBOARD - Corsair K95 RGB
MOUSE - SteelSeries Sensei
HEADSET - Logitech G430
9 REPLIES 9

hax0rmort
Level 11
I was using the R2.73 drivers from the Realtek page, but now I'm using the ones from the CVF-Z download site. Still nothing. Also, software doesn't pickup when I insert the Center channel and the Rear speakers like it says it does. When I plug in the Line Out it registers and asks me what I plugged in. What gives? I thought this audio chip onboard was awesome. Now i'm having second thoughts.

Where is the Software located? anyone?
-hax0rmort

CPU - AMD FX-9370
HEADSET - Logitech G430

TheNerdBench
Level 10
I checked the installation CD for the motherboard and it only contains the drivers which I believe has the setup program for this screen capture.

Is this what you are looking for? I don't have anything hi tech so I won't be able to help with your 5.1 woes 😞

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]

hax0rmort
Level 11
TheNerdBench,

thanks for the quick reply. I have this too but what I was specifically referring to was "Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 2 Utility V1.0(R11)" or actually the X-FI MB3 utility which should have been licensed in my opinion with the integration of SupremeFXIII in the cvf-z. the software above was provided for the original cvf, but nothing like it for the z. oh well.

the built in drivers you're showing has limited functionality in dolby surround setups for the awesomeness that is supremefx iii. just wondering why no official software was provided for this chip as was with the cvf. sorry if i'm talking in circles, it happens sometimes. i'm disabled 😞
-hax0rmort

CPU - AMD FX-9370
HEADSET - Logitech G430

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Haz0rmort,

I think I have some bad news for you...check out this post:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27691-SupremeFX-III-on-Crosshair-V-Formula-Z-Software-Optio......

BTW: Think you missed this on a post but I know a few Rangers (actually one Ranger is the family...trying to keep some OP SEC). Being a civilian I have a lot of respect for the SO/SF personnel; thanks for your service also.

[/HR]

[/HR]

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]

hax0rmort
Level 11
thank you for that really hard to swallow thread... 😞 that pretty much sums it up. Not sure why I couldn't find that by searching. I did try.

and thank you TNB. 🙂
-hax0rmort

CPU - AMD FX-9370
HEADSET - Logitech G430

TheNerdBench
Level 10
No problem and your welcome 🙂

[/HR]

[/HR]

[/HR]

[/HR]

warmonger180
Level 7
if the OP can find creative's soundblaster MB2 that'll work with realtek, or even MB3 which seems to be more fleshed out console wise. I'm using MB2 with razer tiamat elite 7.1 headphones and game audio is really good. I get all 8 channels
http://us.creative.com/p/software/sound-blaster-x-fi-mb3
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus R9 390x Stryx; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; PSU Corsair AX860i; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1

TheNerdBench
Level 10
I searched all over and downloaded a number of files with no success but ......

I did a little more research on this and it appears that if you want to spend $29.99 you can be send an electronic download of the software in question for the MB3 version. The MB2 version is selling for $19.99. This is a Creative site but is billed through Amazon.

[/HR]

[/HR]

[/HR]

[/HR]

ok. well, if i hadn't JUST shipped the cvf cd to the person who bought it on ebay, i would have the mb2 version free 😞

damn......

does anyone else have a 5.1 or 7.1 setup and can say that this software is useful? the problem i'm facing is when I plug in line in which controls the left and right speaker, everything is good. By that I mean Realtek pops up recognizing i've plugged in something. when i plug in the center channel plug or the rear speaker plugs, i dont get a popup recognizing i've plugged anything in.

now, they still work, but i hope all the audio isn't going through the line in and being logically transferred into rear and center. i'd like to use the horsepower of this chip to do the work for it. Maybe I should unplug the front speakers (line-in) and see if the center and rear still output sound. makes sense to you guys?

software woes....
-hax0rmort

CPU - AMD FX-9370