cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion towards customer satisfaction

Phuncz
Level 7
Considering we, the consumers, pay top dollar for the top of the line boards that are soaked in hundreds of overclocking and tweaking features, it is absolutely frustrating how purposefully vague BIOS updates are described.

The 4 BIOS updates for the VII Impact since launch:

Version 2401
Improve system stability.

Version 2304
1.Support 5th-Generation Intel Core Processors
2.Support USB 3.1
3.Support NVMe

Version 2102

Version 0412
1.fix HyperExpress can't work on EFI driver.
2. Improve System performance.

• System stability: you mean you fixed bugs ? Please elaborate WHAT bugs have been fixed. This is important
  • Support USB 3.1: on USB 3.0 and 2.0 ? Does it allow some new feature ? Elaborate.
  • Support NVMe: wait, this wasn't supported !? ELABORATE !
  • Improve System Performance: what exactly ? The CPU runs more efficiently ? The storage has less latency ? The LED's show their status faster ? ELABORATE !!

The people that actively update their BIOS like to know what changed so they know if a bug they or anyone else (on a forum, perhaps) has encountered, is solved.
Being vague is very unprofessional and makes many distrust the brand as it is belittleing. Please take care of this in the future, I'm already very unhappy I paid this amount of money for a board that is arguably of lesser build quality and suffers from worse QC than boards half the price.
● Ncase M1 - N° 0796 + Sharkoon SilentStorm SFX Gold
● Asus Maximus VII Impact + 2x 8GB Crucial VLP 1600MHz
● Intel Core i5-4670K + Scythe Kabuto 2 (NF-F12 PWM fans)
● AMD Radeon R9 290X + Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV (NF-F12 PWM fans)
● Samsung 830 256GB SSD
9 REPLIES 9

Anusha
Level 7
I'm with you bro. This is plain ignorance.

++1

fidelity
Level 7
Proper changelog should be a standard practice.

xeromist
I agree the release notes are lacking and you're not the first one to mention it. Keep in mind that this is a customer discussion forum so we can all agree here but make sure to bring it up whenever you talk to ASUS too.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Norcus
Level 8
I also find the changelog very thin. In fact, the software department of Asus has great potential for improvement 🙂

oliveone
Level 7
If PC is working OK, why would I wish to load a BIOS "update" whose contents are unknown? Feels like russian roulette!

MeanMachine
Level 13
Totally agree, I mean whats the point in such a comprehensive EUFI BIOS when there's no proper explanation of many of its functions.
I don't like making arbitrary changes without knowing what the change will do. Nor do I want to update the Bios without patch notes.
A concerted effort to provide these explanations would help us all to offer better advice, after all its the Forum advisers who sort these issues out, not ASUS Support.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

mluppov
Level 7
Anyone noticed that 2401 was removed from downloads? I use exactly this version and now I wounder why it was removed. It has critical issues or there is any other reason for removing BIOS from download section without any notice to users that are currently using it? This is 10x worse than vague change log. I'm really pissed with such customers disrespect.

Actually even two version were removed and I suspect that this is because of something that was done in version 2304.
What we have now in BIOS section:

Version 2102
Description MAXIMUS-VII-IMPACT BIOS 2102
File Size 5.65 MBytes
update 2014/12/15

Version 0412
Description MAXIMUS VII IMPACT BIOS 0412
1.fix HyperExpress can't work on EFI driver.
2. Improve System performance.
File Size 5.65 MBytes
update 2014/10/17

Version 0217
Description MAXIMUS VII IMPACT BIOS 0217
First release Bios
File Size 5.59 MBytes
update 2014/07/28

What a hell, ASUS?

Korth
Level 14
Agreed that detailed version documentation should be standard issue. Asus is supposed to be better than Apple and Microsoft.

But did any new items or changes appear in the UEFI/BIOS itself? I always navigate top to bottom after hardware or firmware changes, sometimes there are surprises.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]