cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X570-E ram errors

Sanguinn
Level 7
For the past six months, I've been running the X570-E with a 3800X and a 4x8 set of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (3200), and I've had intermittent problems booting - every time I started up, there was a chance it would hang with an 8d error, and the only option was to power cycle until it finally worked (at which point it was fine.)

I finally tired of that, and decided to pick up two 2x8 kits of G.Skill TridentZ Neo (3600, the "AMD optimized" version with the Ryzen logo on the package for good measure), with this board listed on the QVL.

Now if I try to enable DOCP, it gives an F9 error, and boot loops a couple times before it gives up (same with trying each set individually.) The memory works fine with optimized defaults loaded, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

If there are any suggestions on how to fix this, I'm all ears - I'd rather not have to strip this machine down to RMA if I don't have to.
3 REPLIES 3

DragonFly1001
Level 7
I'm also having similar boot problem with 3200 XMP profile on the other MB with x570 chipset.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?115868-ASUS-PRIME-X570-PRO-boot-issue-with-Crucial-Ballist...

hi guys,

i got also problems with ram-compatibility.

i have patriot-ram with 4400mhz, but it won´t work @ 2933.

ALWAYS crashes. I tried a lot of settings. 2600mhz, 3200mhz.
different Latency-settings, voltages eg.

WTH ist that on a 300,-€ Mainboard??

foenfrisur wrote:
hi guys,

i got also problems with ram-compatibility.

i have patriot-ram with 4400mhz, but it won´t work @ 2933.

ALWAYS crashes. I tried a lot of settings. 2600mhz, 3200mhz.
different Latency-settings, voltages eg.

WTH ist that on a 300,-€ Mainboard??

Hi I just saw your post. I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Have you received a new motherboard?