cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix x370-f Temps with 1700x

muttley616
Level 7
Hey Guys,

Just installed the new 0813 bios and seem to be getting a massive increase in temps being reported - used to be ~40c under load and now reporting 60c.

I have a full custom loop in the system and the graphics card (1080 ti), which is after the CPU in the loop is still reporting a max of 40c under load so this has not changed and makes me believe that the current temps being reported in the new bios are false as I would have expected the GPU to be running hotter if the CPU was at 60c.

Anyone seen anything like this?
5 REPLIES 5

st0neh
Level 7
Sounds like Sense Mi Skew may be enabled and reporting actual correct temps now.

daniel_marinesc
Level 7
For me X370-F + 1800X after update to 0813 temps are closer to real temp, before I had 4 to 15C in idle which is impossible

0813 is causing random shutdown for me and is also showing higher cpu temp than 0810. Hv reverted to 0810 , i can still live with the LAN issue.
x370 F gaming with 1700x

XiaoDingTang wrote:
0813 is causing random shutdown for me and is also showing higher cpu temp than 0810. Hv reverted to 0810 , i can still live with the LAN issue.
x370 F gaming with 1700x

813 bios is working good for me I cab even run some higher ram speeds without boot problems but still can't run doc profile standart with my 3000mhz ram always crashing when booting set the memory freq. to 2666mhz which is working without problems.

With what are you reading the temps. ? hw info64 tdie I guess

which LAN issue did you have I had some disconnects with a other router and my pc and a other bios version but windows 10 intel lan driver was broke for me after the reinstall of windows the problem was gone.

Did you do a a reset of the network adapter in windows in the options menu ?

I'm having some problems with this motherboard. I have 1700x and 2800 MHZ 16x2 kit from Gskill Trident Z. I was able to achieve 2800 and also 3.9 ghz without problems but if I turn computer off and turn on the motherboard get stuck on Rog logo and boot led(green) stay on. I don't know the reason. When this happen , I need clear cmos because doesn't matter if I revert overclock the same problem will happen.