cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange limit of kit Corsair D GT-2133-C9, max running @2240 Mhz with each setup.

sandro_c
Level 12
Hello people ,
often on the forum I have seen that many are able to turn memories on the type CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 @ 2400 MHz with overclocking , but more evidence do the more I am convinced that for my PC , there is an insurmountable barrier @ 2240 Mhz on these memories and I can not understand whether the two is due to the IMC of the processor, or the memory itself.
Is there any specific test can That indicated the origin of the causes of this limit ?
In my 24/7 use use these setups described below:
CPU clock gen ........ Auto
Vdram.AB ..............read 1,575 1.56 V manual
Vdram.CD .............. read 1,575 1.59 V manual
CPU VTT V ................ read 1,175 1,181 manual
CPU VCCSA ............read 1,150 1,169 V manual
CPU PLL 1.8V......... read 1,788 manual
VTTDRR auto ................... read 0.75 V
Vcore offset ................. read 0.065 v 0.920 to 1.402
BClock ................. 102
FSBRAM ..... 1:16
Cpu clk ................ multi - 12X 46X read 1225-4648 MHz
digital power control :
cpu LLC .......... medium
Curr cap 130% cpu ....
cpu Pow Duty .... T probe
Vcore MOS volt 7v ....
VCCSA LLC ............ High
VCCSA Curr Ch ... 130 %
VCCSA fix freq ....... 350
VTT sw freq 1.3x ............
Dram abcd Curr Cap .130 %
Dram Pow Phase ....... optimiz .
PCH sw freq ............ 1.3 x
ALL OTHER param .... AUTO
Memory timings are:
primary manual ... 9-11-10-27- 1T-
secondary auto ... / read 4-128-9-4-24-4-4-8
tertiary ...... all Auto but tRWSR is manual -3

I have made many unsuccessful attempts :
Leaving part of the setup as described above ,
I edited VCCSA 1.25V , VTT 1:30 V , Vram 1,625 v, Clockgen.20MF , starting from a multi 38X up to 46x I tried to raise BClock to 101-102,103,104 , then to 105 (@1119 mhz) blocks my PC and I have to turn off to make boot. The temps are still acceptable , but it also blocks in the cold condition, while up to 104 Bclk I can still run 10 steps IntelBT .
Also changing mem. timings in AUTO, readind value of -10-12-11-28-128- 2T ... all of these settings have produced a result of more than 2 -3C ° temperature, but only this.

Nothings to do! If anyone has any better ideas please suggest me.

Hello
sandro c
68 REPLIES 68

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
All in all though, Raja is correct (as always). Your timings were so tight that the increase in memory speed with the timings specified by Corsair will not net much gain in performance, definately not a noticeable gain. I would guess you would get somewhere in the range of 2-8% gain in MEMORY performance, netting a tinier gain in overall CPU performance of approximately 1% or less. In 3D gaming I'd think the difference would be within the margin of error of the framerate test, not noticeable at all. I'm only helping because that's what you wanted. You didn't ask to help you with your PC performance, instead you asked to reach higher memory speed - so I tried to help. Use this thought when you decide what to do.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

Retired
Not applicable
you asked for other opinions..

The only thing i can say is that i have never been above 1,25v (VTT), and 1,22v (VCCSA), not on any oc or cpu..

The things is also Sandro, you need to go manual, auto is not good for finetuning, or tweaking with a good end result

while you are on it, run them at 2400mhz tight, they should be able to do that, without breaking a sweat, now we talking performance increase..;)

😉 Its prime GT's, not lazy Predators

Retired
Not applicable
have not owned a IBE tho..

Higher voltage requirements?

WhitePaw wrote:
have not owned a IBE tho..

Are you planning on going to Haswell-E? This autumn? I know I will not be able to afford 😞
I would however, watch your results.

WhitePaw wrote:
Higher voltage requirements?

No. Voltages are pretty close, except for the new low-V RAM kits. Also, RAM purchased after sometime in 2012 seems to be more comaptible as they have new expanded XMP tables for SB(-E) (I think they required higher timings/latencies for quad as opposed to triple-channel). Other than that, SB-E CPU Vcore runs about 0.9V at idle (x12 multi) - providing you don't ruin the power savings W/manual (static, constant) Vcore setting.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi Arne, Hi Raja, Hi HalloweenWeed,
thanks to all of you, I start to believe the compliment that Arne has done to my threads.
I have never seen so many senior members together act one after another in the same threads ... I'm proud.
Maybe I lack the courage to groped it all out, but at least you have given me tips and experiences that are difficult to achieve in such a short time on these subjects, even if they have brought to completion them .... like I did instead with my extra cooling , under the CPU ... do you remember?
Halloweenweed I am grateful to you for giving me courage, as I am grateful to Raja asking me if it's worth it, as grateful to Arne who advises caution.
Inside of me I had already decided to settle for what I got .... and as with anything in life ... you can live healthy by stop to smoking, but in health they can die suddenly of a summer lightning ... . as three years ago for my PC X58.
Thanks again to all...also to WhitePaw that help me to the init of thread.
sandro c.

Retired
Not applicable
Play around with the gear Sandro, and i am sure you are going to crank up those red ribs of yours soon enough..'

Its good sticks, let me know if you dont want them any longer.. i do..

Keep em......;)

Retired
Not applicable
This forum is like a big family, more or less..

Once in a while i visit other forums, and often recommendations, voltages, settings, and so on. Are totally off the wall over there..

I like to think we are a tiny bit better in here, and i think we are..

Most of the progress origin from trail and errors, and are passed on..

The forum, the members, @Asus, the mods.. The spirits

Good luck with your tweaking S

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, i am jumping on that train Haswell E

Often i think the charm is the OC in itself, not just the raw performance output..

I like messing with the sliders, what goes where kinda..

sparks flying.........

Retired
Not applicable
4930K = what went wrong??
Haswell E = Lets put hope to at least one of the cores can OC and break the speedstep barrier
Time will tell, who knows, maybe the PSU end up under the IHS as-well..

Lets be positive