cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Bios Problems, bclk clock.....

MKEEN
Level 9
Hi all, hope someone can help me with this as I have tryed just about everything I know.....

System Specs:

P8z77-m pro
i7 3770k
Samsung Evo 250 ssd
2x4gb 1333mhz
550w XFX PSU
Bios : 1508 (shipped bios)
Testing with wPrime, IBT, Prime95

TPU = off
EPU = off

Anyway I did have an i5 2130, so when i got my 3770k I updated the bios to 1908, everything was fine, overclocking etc, then I updated to the latest version 2105, everything seemed fine..... then I went to set my stable overclock.... it was unstable.... reset it to default etc, tested it at default and it was unstable, then I notice in cpu-z the bus speed was 99.98 not 100.0 even tho I set it in the bios to 100.0, so I flashed back to bios 1508, reset using cmos, the multiplier was missing!!!!, so I flashed the original bios from the asus site (think it was 0801) then updated it back to 1508 and it returned, but the bus speed wont go back to 100.0 (so when I change the multiplier just say to x39 in windows its 3898 not 3900) and the system is still unstable, it will only stabilize at default settings if I set the cpu to 110%.

And i noticed when testing the bclk jumps from 99.98 to 100.1 every now n again, and in real temp the bclk says 3900- 100.3 but keeps jumping to 104.0?

I have tested different bios' , tested the ram, different hard-drive, updating the ME but this thing wont get stable.

So whats the deal? I had this thing running at 4.5ghz before the bios started tripping out, And I have tested this cpu on my borthers computer and it hits 4.5ghz no problem what so ever....

I'm thinking corrupt bios chip or something?
19 REPLIES 19

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate, yes I know you are UK hence suggesting the EU guy. But more specifically region as in county 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

MKEEN
Level 9
I'm in Northamptonshire, small town called Desborough.

The bios should be here by tuesday, I'll post back with the result!

Hello, I have using recently Asus P8Z77-V Pro delivered with bios 1908 for like 1 month recently my pc was 4.500 Mhz on task manager no problem. But today when I decided to check task manager the processor speed was 4.45? Downloaded cpu-z run see busspeed 99.98 without touching bios setting. Also downloaded Asus AI Suite II, the busspeed keep changing 99.9 or 100.1. Changing busspeed to 100.1 on bios won't help either. Asus AI Suite II keep reading 99.9, 100.1 or 100.2. I have all power saving feature disabled also disabled cpu spread spectrum. I don't know but my pc when recently just bsod with the setting I convert from my old Evga z77 ftw. Pulling 1.180 from 1.175 vcore and 1.8 instead of 1.7 working stress test to today 24/7 fine. Also something with ultra high calibration I don't remember well. Seems to pull less number than previous weeks.

Edit: Seems my bios version now is 2003 what is here going on.

Yeah there's defo something going wrong with these bios' , I've seen a few other ppl online now having this 99.98 bclk (then jumps to 100.1) problem, it never used to do it! it was always 100.0.....

I should get my new bios in the morning anyway, I'll post how it goes...

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK will pass this on to upstairs and get back you you guys once I hear anything.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

MKEEN
Level 9
Well I finally got my new bios this morning and....... It doesn't work! 😞

Cleared the cmos before putting it in and after.
Took out the memory, bios battery etc.
Tried just with the motherboard.
tpu & epu off.
I 100% ordered the right bios chip and installed the right way round.

It won't even post, the lights comes on, fans spin for about 2secs then turns off, turns back on about 5 secs later, then does the same continuous reboot and doesn't post, I gave it a good 8 cycles just to make sure it didn't post. It doesn't even give me any beep code....

Put the old bios back in and it starts first time.....

I'm going to email them about it now, I'm beginning to get quite annoyed...... 😞

MKEEN
Level 9
Well they are going to send me a another chip.... it'll probs be here in the new year now with the xmas post!.... frustrating!!!! lol

Raja
Level 13
These just look like software polling errors to me - they can happen when a system is under load. The actual clock frequency isn't changing as the software implies, so just ignore it.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
These just look like software polling errors to me - they can happen when a system is under load. The actual clock frequency isn't changing as the software implies, so just ignore it.

Na, Iv had this motherboard 10 months and something has changed, monitoring it almost everytime when gaming, allways monitoring when overclocking. this behavior just started, jumping bclk about, errors in the bios once I updated it, missing multiplier and igpu would not turn off.... unstable @stock settings, Cpu-z, aida64 say 3699.14 (should be 3700), bclk 99.98-100.1 when it was a stable 100.0 before.

And no matter what bios I use it wont go back to 100.0 as it was before the motherboard started playing up...

So I don't beleave theres nothing wrong with it, infact im 99.98%-100.1% sure there's something wrong with it lol

MKEEN
Level 9
UPDATE.... sort of lol

The new bios chip didn't work aswell.... same as before...... the lights comes on, fans spin for about 2secs then turns off, turns back on about 5 secs later, fans spin turns off, continuous rebooting, put the old chip in it boots.....

Surely not 2 bad bios chips in a row......... 😞

I'll email them again but I've a strange feeling it will be the same result.....