cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD suggestion.Not urgent.

Zennith
Level 7
With a few words.if someone is kind enough to offer me some trustworthy models(or just manufacturers) because I remember there was a compatibility issue with sandforce controllers.I have a hero VI with 4770k.
I can see that there are new sandforce controller models out there.Are they good now ?
MB:MVI-H,CPU:i7-4770k,GPU:GTX670 Gigabyte,RAM:Corsair vengeance Pro 16MB 1600C9,
CPU cooler:Corsair H80i,PSU:Tagan piperock series 1300w =Happy Gamer!
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Samsung 840 gets my vote too. Have been using them for the last few years fro all my builds. Never yet had one go down.

Decide your capacity and shop around there are often very good specials available.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zennith
Level 7
Thanks for the info.
840 evos and corsair neutron gtx (which is guaranteed quality) were my two best options too.
MB:MVI-H,CPU:i7-4770k,GPU:GTX670 Gigabyte,RAM:Corsair vengeance Pro 16MB 1600C9,
CPU cooler:Corsair H80i,PSU:Tagan piperock series 1300w =Happy Gamer!

Corsair_Riker
Level 10
I'm using a Samsung 840 EVO as the only drive in my computer at the moment. Working well.
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VI Formula (BIOS 0804)
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
HDD 1: Samsung SSD 250G 840BW EVO
HDD 2: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Caviar Blue 7200rpm
RAM: 16gb (2x8) G. Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD
CASE: Fractal Design Define R4
OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer BDR-209DBK
MONITOR: Samsung S24C300HL; BenQ E2200HD
Other: MS Wired 600; Logitech MX 310; Sennheiser PC 151 & Logitech Z150

clubfoot
Level 7
I use Seagates in RAID 0 which are also not Sandforce 🙂 Excellent performance.
The Asus Maximus VI Hero Club

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO, i4770K@4.5, Corsair H100i, 16G G.Skill Trident X @2400, MSI7950 xFire, C: Samsung EVO 250G SSD RAID0, BenQ XL2420Z, LG BD burner, Corsair RM1000i, Antec DF-85.

What you refer to is an old issue which were mostly limited to the first gen controllers. The newer/second gen sandforce have no compatibility issues with the z87 chipset i.e the SF 2xxx series and nowadays there is not much difference with most SSD manufacturers and they mostly have a similar feature set imo with an exception with the price. I just want the system to boot up <15 seconds, play a few games here and there and want the system to feel fast. I use the intel 530 which has been serving me well for more than a year now.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Migel is spot on and has provided good information.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'm not saying that that the Samsung 840 EVOs aren't reliable, but I had just one shipped to me that was dead on arrival. I've RMA'd it, so hopefully I'll get a working model soon.

HiVizMan
Level 40
In the last 3 years I must have used close to 300 SSDs in builds. Never had a defective Samsung yet, statistically it has to happen.

Oh if there are any Samsung reps reading this thread I am willing to send you my address for free goodies. 😄 😄