cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Wicked This Way Comes - The Maximus VII Formula Discussion Thread

Raja
Level 13
Getting closer:
38466


287 Views
328 REPLIES 328

Ryucyon
Level 7
Just waiting on this to build a whole new rig. Any update on availability?

Looking forward to your test results.

MaxTheDragon
Level 7
@ztilleto: There is a Japanese version but it has some images that may be helpful: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-FORMULA/J9394_MAXIMUS_VII_FORMULA_web_only.p...

@MaxTheDragon Thanks alot.. 😉
Brushing up on my Japaneses..

Hopper64
Level 15
How do you get to the CMOS battery if it goes out? Change it out before installing the board???

http://www.hardwarezone.com.ph/tech-news-asus-rog-outs-maximus-vii-formula-crossblade-ranger-and-max...
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
How do you get to the CMOS battery if it goes out? Change it out before installing the board???

http://www.hardwarezone.com.ph/tech-news-asus-rog-outs-maximus-vii-formula-crossblade-ranger-and-max...

take off the armor, you will not void warranty if so.
if you want the armor on or off thats up to you, as long it looks the same ( armor on ) if one have to RMA.

kkn wrote:
take off the armor, you will not void warranty if so.
if you want the armor on or off thats up to you, as long it looks the same ( armor on ) if one have to RMA.


Thanks. How does the armor come off? Any pics anywhere?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

I would assume it's the same way as on the M6F, just screw the screws out that is on the back of the armor and you're good to go 🙂

AAndersen wrote:
I would assume it's the same way as on the M6F, just screw the screws out that is on the back of the armor and you're good to go 🙂


Thanks.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Pahani
Level 9
Woo hoo!! M7F, ROG SWIFT, and Swiftech H220X are the last pieces I need to build my new rig 🙂

Hopefully all coming out at roughly the same time....

loopjunkie
Level 7
My entire new build is waiting on this board, upgrading from a Rampage II extreme (920 I7@4.2 since day 1) so I'm very exited to try out all the new stuff 🙂