cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Overclocking Assurance

adreamofironice
Level 7
Well to begin, I've been overclocking for quite some time now. So I'm not totally new the the OC scene. My RIG before my current one consisted of a EVGA X58 SLI board with a 920. Now as you all know that didn't have an unlocked processor, so overclocking my current 3820 was a breeze since I knew fairly well how to BCLK OC.

Now the point of this thread is to just confirm with the community to see if my voltages are within a good limit so I don't see any rapid degredation.

My setup contains:
Asus Rampage IV Formula
Intel i7 3820 @ 4.625GHz
Corsair Vengeance @ 2000MHz
2 x EVGA GTX 580's 3GB @ 850MHz
Corsair AX1200
Corsair Force GT 120GB
Complete custom watercooling system

Here is a quick Voltage summary:

CPU @ 4.625

BCLK : 125MHz
VCORE : 1.36
DRAM(BOTH AB/CD) : 1.555
VCCSA : 1.185
VTT : 1.1625
2nd VTT : 1.05099
PCH(1.1) : 1.1
PCH(1.5) : 1.5
VTTDDR(BOTH AB/CD) : .8

My temps don't ever go over 67C at load and idle around 30C, but that is only because my ambient temps are around 30C.

Thanks for taking a look,
Ryan
23 REPLIES 23

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ok I have just completed a fresh install of OS on a RIVE, same BIOS format as the RIVF board which is my 24/7 board.

Here is what I did.

In BIOS

Set to manual
Set all core to 44 multi
Went to Digi +
Set my LLC to regular
Vcore to offset
+

F10 and enter.

Booted into OS no problems, vCore 1.237 @ 4.4GHz *edit typo sorry

Ten seconds later x12 multi and 1.037 vCore. This is pretty much what you wanted I take it (sure with an additional 200MHz) 🙂

I will now try with 125 strap and get back to you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

adreamofironice
Level 7
My board is a RIVF...Sorry I didn't mention that earlier. Also, I'm not comfortable to go over 1.4Volts for Vcore or any voltage.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes I know what your board is you did tell me, the BIOS's are the same in function and operations, and I made a typo re my VCore and have corrected it. .200 + default does not equal 1.4 :confused:

Now at 125 strap with a multi of 37x

Boot into OS needed .05 more. And while the CPU will throttle down to 12x my VCore stays at 1.256 and does not budge.

So basically it is in your hands now, either you go the 100 route and have a CPU that both throttles down frequency and drops VCore or you have the extra 200MHz and the VCore does not throttle.

I know which I would go for. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

adreamofironice
Level 7
Ok so the strap is effecting the throttling...I mean with my i7 920, from my previous build, I would keep my Vcore constant anyways. So yes I'm sure keeping it constant will degrade the CPU, but I don't think it's going to be obnoxiously obvious. I'm pretty contempt with my current 4.6 OC @ 1.36 Vcore. Maybe when I get some more time I'll try messing around with another OC profile just for the offsets.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Ryan