cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking new graphics card for my old Rampage Formula

Pennarin
Level 7
I have this old board, and my Nvidia GTX280 is impossibly preventing me from playing Diablo 3, or rather the entire gamut of Nvidia's drivers are at fault. Known issue, yadi yada. The card being 5 years old I'm thinking of upgrading to something a bit more powerful (the games I play are not much demanding*) yet that fits on my mobo.

It's been years since I've looked at what is compatible with what and I've lost my fu, not that I ever had much to begin with.

Anything in ATI to propose?

* Though there's a slew of new space simulator games on the horizon, and Gearbox's Homeworld 1 & 2 remakes...
2 REPLIES 2

neyuru
Level 10
Saddly, I have no experience with ATI cards (although I plan to use them on the future for Mantle compatibility) but for the time being, I would highly recomment any variant of Nvidia's 750 Ti. They are more than enough for D3, do not require any extra power other that the pcie bus and is cheap enough. You could not take full advantage of any other pricier and powerfull card because it could be bottlenecked by your old hardware.

[/HR]
Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 4206
Intel I7-3820
32 GB Quad Channel Kingston Hyper X Genesis
2 x Nvidia GTX 690
2 x WD Velociraptor 250 GB RAID0
Intel 120GB 320 SSD
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
CM Silent Pro Hybrid - 1300W
CM HAFx

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I run a trio of Radeon HD 7950s I found used, and I can say that any of the HD 7900 series would probably keep you covered.

If you shop around in the "previously owned" sector, you'll find truckloads of deals on good hardware; although, you'll probably have to strip it down for a good cleaning and re-pasting, since most of the used cards available have come out of BC mining rigs.

Z