Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary GPU not detected

Luciel
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Mobo: Maximus V Formula

So I have 2 GTX 560 Ti which work fine in SLI on this mobo.

Recently however I took them out and installed a 580 (just 1), the why is not important, what´s important is that when I add a second card for physics (I´ve tried 4 cards I know work in either the second or third pci-e ports) they are not detected in the BIOS or in Windows.

So out of curiosity I take the 580 out, put my 560 ti SLI back in and works fine, I know all cards work fine, I know the PCI ports work fine, so I´m a bit lost here, am I missing something? Why doesn´t this work?

Thanks.
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
I can fully understand that you are not a happy bunny. 🙂 Nice expression.

But I am stumped here. You have changed around which PCIe slots the cards are in and nothing? You have checked your PSU connectors and nothing? New drivers still nothing.

Sorry mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Luciel
Level 7
All that yeah. It seems like I have no choice, really I´m just worried about them receiving it, putting two cards in and it works, and then trying to explain why it doesn´t, ugh 😕
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have asked someone who knows way more about the VGA side of things than I do to respond. Not sure if he is in the office right now - school holidays and all that.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Luciel
Level 7
Very kind of you thank you! I shall wait for him to reply then.
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs

any updates?
Modding Portfolio
Neonit Customs