Did you mean: 

sata6 ports not detecting my 2nd SSHD drive

KidEQ
Level 7
ASUS Maximus VI Hero
i7-4770k haswell
Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Seagate 1TB SSHD Hybrid Drive

so the first motherboard i got it detected my samsung 840 SSD and my Seagate 1tb SSHD hybrid drive but i had to return the motherboard and got a second one. Now i connected the SSD, the SSHD, and my CD/DVD drive in there but it only detects the SSD and DVD Drive.

I've reset the bios settings to load optimized defaults. a technician has recently cleared the CMOS which im not sure is the problem but apparently clearing CMOS is good?

When both the SSD and SSHD were detected, it was before clearing CMOS and are in AHCI Sata Mode.

I tried switching to all the different ports, changing sata cables, the sata power cables, and still doesnt detect on the POST screen.

Now after i reset the BIOs settings to load optimized defaults, the MB gives me a Q-Code of A2...which apprently means an IDE is detected but it cannot find a boot drive? or something to boot with? But i am in the BIOS for sata configuration but it only has my SSD and DVD Drive detected.

Your time and help would be greatly appreciated !
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please confirm that you have all your drives connected to the Intel ports and not the Asmeida ports. Only Intel will show in bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.